Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, tonite I was working on the accord... 2.3 auto... I believe my engine is not pasting 4k to let the vtec kick in, so i was starting taking apart of the vtec solenoid so i can clean the gasket up. and hour into working the car ( i was just almost there to take the whole thing out, I couldnt take off the last 3 bolts) so I figured i put everything back so i can work on it later ( need car tomorrow) so i finally put everything back on. I double checked be4 i shut my hood (also checked the oil). I quickly hopped into the car and get a quick coffee and see if the car is any better by any chance... surprisingly it did on acceleration ( it was dirty dirty slow even on hard accel wont past 4k rpm). By the time I got home, my oil light kept coming on and off ( hard accel the whole time back). When I jump out of the car, and stopped into the garage... I slowly see white smoke coming out of the car, I smell the oil from the car, the car was leaking oil... SO NOW I REALIZE IM TOTALLY EFF IN THE BUM (not my car...)

I was thinking if anyone can tell me if this is the bottom end just give up on me or is it the oil pan that blew? cuz the car was running fine (really just mean it was running) btw just rolled to 408000km just tonite as well...

HELP!!!!!!!

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts
its probably leaking from the solenoid that you tryed to remove. or one of the bolt holes you took a bolt out of. im not sure if these bolts meed thread seal or not. degrease the engine. fill it with oil, and run it hood open, and manually rev it from under the hood, with a good flashlight look in the area you were working. did you tighten everything to spec? if the oil light is coming on you are very low on oil. and finally if the car was smoking, it is more than likley yea i cant spell, comin from above down onto the exhaust, or out the valve cover onto the header, however it could be the pan dripping onto the exhaust near the firewall. deagrease it, fill the car to spec i believe its 4.2 qt if the car is empty. and inspect it while it is running, and look for the leaks, or the source of smoke.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts