Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably one of the oldest here. Late 60s, retired.
Navy Veteran, 6 years active duty.
Computer Geek since the '80s, discussion forum member since mid-90s.

Just bought 2007 Accord Coupe with V6 and AT. Love the (almost flawless) car, Tan interior, not crazy about Red exterior, may get wrap.
Happy to join forum, hope I can contribute.

·
HK Moderator
13,439 Posts
Welcome aboard, sailor!

Plenty of dudes here in their 70s, so you be respectful and mind your manners please, lol. The days of growing your hair long, smoking dope, and bad-mouthing your country are over! (I think that was from the drill instructor in Officer and a Gentleman.)

The 2007 was the last year of the 7th Gen, and with a V6 is like a battleship- it is indestructible Please visit the 7th Gen sticky "So You Just Bought a 7th Gen" and see if you should be updating fluids and filters and such.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome! Officer and a Gentleman is one of my favorite movies, reminds me of my boot camp.

Yes I intend to change all the fluids even though they all look good. This car has been really well cared for, it actually looks like new inside and out. Have the Carfax too. It's got 125K miles so many years left in it. All stock except a little tint.

Amazon has a fog light kit for the '07 coupe that's less than $50, I wonder how it can be that cheap?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome aboard.

That kit is cheap because it's not OE. Be careful with those.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you!
I ordered the fog light kit last night. It does seem inexpensive for a complete kit with the housings, wiring, bulbs and switch.
The total with sales tax was less than $50 when the kits at rockauto are $160. I will post a review here once I get the kit installed.
There is almost never fog here in New Mexico but I want them for cornering lights. The low beam headlights have very little light off to the sides and I've had trouble turning left at unlighted intersections.

thanks, Randy

·
Registered
446 Posts
Congrats! Welcome to DA... you'll find a great community here, with lots of people willing to help answer questions. You've also got one of the greatest Accords ever built. I'm pretty sure if there is ever an apocalypse, the only survivors will be the cockroaches and Keith Richards, and he'll be driving a 7.5G Accord.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts