Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm more of the conservative type when it comes to mods. I know that doesn't set my car apart from the rest, but I especially want to keep the car OEM while it's under warranty. I tell you, when I saw this video on youtube, I fell in love instantly. I apologize if this has been posted before..but for those who have not seen this, please enjoy....

·
Banned
5,775 Posts
I'm more of the conservative type when it comes to mods. I know that doesn't set my car apart from the rest, but I especially want to keep the car OEM while it's under warranty. I tell you, when I saw this video on youtube, I fell in love instantly. I apologize if this has been posted before..but for those who have not seen this, please enjoy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPeG5IMjXoA
Yeah its been on here a few times now. There is nothing 'Mugen' on that car. All the Mugen logos are fake.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think I'm the only person in America that thinks you can lower a car too much. To me that car has some fantastic head turning mods completely ruined by ridiculously low suspension.

What ever happened to dropping something so there was minimal gap between the arch and the wheel making it look purposeful, sporty and nice. This just looks like broken springs.

Guess I'm getting old, but this car is ruined in my opinion. :dunno:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is so refreshing to see the burgundy interior on a white car. I know some may think its 90's...but I have always like the burgundy interior...reminds me of the first Lexus LS400's that had black exterior with burgundy interior.. I always liked those cars. I don't think I will ever stop liking this body style Accord (same way I feel about the 92-93 Accords)

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
I think I'm the only person in America that thinks you can lower a car too much. To me that car has some fantastic head turning mods completely ruined by ridiculously low suspension.

What ever happened to dropping something so there was minimal gap between the arch and the wheel making it look purposeful, sporty and nice. This just looks like broken springs.

Nope. You're not alone.

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,003 Posts

You did say you're somewhat new to the U.S., right?

Extremely lowered cars have been around for a long time.... for at least 35 years. Nothing new. All that's changed is the car being used. I've seen cars like this all over my neighborhood when I was a kid.

·
Corvalis TTX
4,608 Posts

You are not alone, my friend. I think the same way you do regarding this vehicle.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
add me to the hate the "slammed" look list. Horrible

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Isn't that the advantage of having the air suspension though..to change the ride height as you wish?

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
Nice Mugen neck pillows! That's about it. . . .

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
It is so refreshing to see the burgundy interior on a white car. I know some may think its 90's...but I have always like the burgundy interior...reminds me of the first Lexus LS400's that had black exterior with burgundy interior.. I always liked those cars. I don't think I will ever stop liking this body style Accord (same way I feel about the 92-93 Accords)
I would not mind seeing blue and red interiors come back. My first car had a dark red interior and I loved it.

Oh, and the 90-93 Accord 2-door...best looking Accord evar.

Jay

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would not mind seeing blue and red interiors come back. My first car had a dark red interior and I loved it.

Oh, and the 90-93 Accord 2-door...best looking Accord evar.

Jay
Agreed, burgundy was my favorite color...

·
Registered
916 Posts
Buy car.
Spend as much as the car costs in mods.
Reduce value of car.

I will never understand this. If you want to spend that kind of money why buy an Accord?

·
Fail Zero bcg
536 Posts

well I guess that makes 2 of us as to me it looks ridicules and we call it rice

·
Registered
159 Posts
You did say you're somewhat new to the U.S., right?

Extremely lowered cars have been around for a long time.... for at least 35 years. Nothing new. All that's changed is the car being used. I've seen cars like this all over my neighborhood when I was a kid.

The whole concept seems silly to me. How do you even back those out of the driveway without bottoming out?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Buy car.
Spend as much as the car costs in mods.
Reduce value of car.

I will never understand this. If you want to spend that kind of money why buy an Accord?
It doesn't bother me when people say they don't like this car..because that is simply a matter of opinion. It has been stated on this forum many times..people buy what they want, and spend their money on what they want. It's not proper for any of us to dictate what car should/shouldn't be modded, or how much one should spend doing so.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
The whole concept seems silly to me. How do you even back those out of the driveway without bottoming out?
To tuck like that they are most like on hydraulics or air ride. Hit a button and it goes up and away you go. And, those are show cars. Not meant to be practical.

The worst heartburn I ever got was after riding 2 hours in my friends Fleetwood that was on Hydros. It was horrid!

Jay

·
Registered
55 Posts
Visually my taste is in mods that improve the look via improving performance or at the very least are built to mimic a performance part in some manor or add a desirable cutting edge "useful" feature like drl's.

Let's be honest a performance exhaust is not beautiful but put it on a car and somehow my brain says you just improved the look of the car. A brembo brake looks like plain old car parts put it on a car and my brain says you just improve the look.

eg in its most basic form the reason a Ferrari is more beautiful than an equally luxurious performance AMG, to me, is because the entire car and its wedge shape was designed to give an aerodynamic performance increase. My brain translates that into beautiful.
Is a wedge on its own beautiful no, is a wedge shaped car yes.

"slammed" suspension, spinners and scissor doors allude my brains conditioned rules for what makes a car beautiful. They serve no purpose other than to show off to other people who also enjoy modifications that serve no purpose.

Yes the rules for car beauty are made up in my head and only apply to me, yes i'm probably a bit weird for trying to categorize car beauty and yes to confuse matters the rules in my head can be bent for example the color of a car can change its look in my opinion.

As I said before that Accord is nice, then completely ruined, in my opinion, by the over the top suspension.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts