Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, i have been posting , searching , asking bout many different mods for our cars. I am looking to see what people have done with same style year and make that I have. I am so torn, overwhelmed with all the things that can be done. I just want my car to stand out a little more then others in my town. Slowly but surely it will happen. Thanks a lot

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have the same car but you have done much more than I will do. I bought mine with tinted windows as part of a package and I added the door sill protectors. Other than that I've done nothing to it...I like the way it looks now which is why I bought it :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same car but you have done much more than I will do. I bought mine with tinted windows as part of a package and I added the door sill protectors. Other than that I've done nothing to it...I like the way it looks now which is why I bought it :)
yeah true but when all cars look the same ..... it get at me. Thanks though for responding

·
Registered
78 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
There's something to be said about your well put reasoning. Your last sentence says it all. Sometimes people go way overboard with good intentions obviously to try and make their vehicle stand out. They do end up standing out but for negative reasons. Sometimes they end up looking like a cheap aftermarket store on wheels. There's a fine line between attractive and gaudy. We've all seen those cars where we think "WTH that could be a nice car if he only didn't..."
Sometimes things look better left alone.

·
2014 Accord EX white
208 Posts
There's something to be said about your well put reasoning. Your last sentence says it all. Sometimes people go way overboard with good intentions obviously to try and make their vehicle stand out. They do end up standing out but for negative reasons. Sometimes they end up looking like a cheap aftermarket store on wheels. There's a fine line between attractive and gaudy. We've all seen those cars where we think "WTH that could be a nice car if he only didn't..."
if its the apple of their eye who are we to judge?

·
Registered
652 Posts
if its the apple of their eye who are we to judge?
Not really judging just being honest. In my younger days I've done things to my vehicles where when i look at photos now i bust out laughing and ask myself WTH was i thinking. I try a more conservative approach to things i might add on my cars these days probably because of the goofy things i used to do. Like i said sometimes things look better left alone it's easy to get carried away and turn a nice looking vehicle into an eyesore.

·
Registered
101 Posts
yeah true but when all cars look the same ..... it get at me. Thanks though for responding
Yep true enough....I try to make mine stand out by keeping it nice and clean. As we all know, a black car is hard to beat when it's freshly detailed and most people aren't willing to put in the effort.

I think you do what makes you happy and think about if it's something too extreme you may get tired of it down the road. Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is what I have done with mine... since that post, I have

- added a rear deck lid spoiler
- Upgraded to a dual exhaust
- de-badged the "accord"

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/86-9th-generation/206898-blacked-out-accord-ex-l-i4.html
Very nice sir. Thanks

Well said.

Yep true enough....I try to make mine stand out by keeping it nice and clean. As we all know, a black car is hard to beat when it's freshly detailed and most people aren't willing to put in the effort.

I think you do what makes you happy and think about if it's something too extreme you may get tired of it down the road. Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide.
I think all i want is a tasteful set of rims and that is it. i am not into the lowering stuff etc... Thanks though for the reasoning

I really appreciate all the comments but I am still looking for the black modded accords 2015. Moreso wheels on them without lowering.

·
2014 Accord EX white
208 Posts
Not really judging just being honest. In my younger days I've done things to my vehicles where when i look at photos now i bust out laughing and ask myself WTH was i thinking. I try a more conservative approach to things i might add on my cars these days probably because of the goofy things i used to do. Like i said sometimes things look better left alone it's easy to get carried away and turn a nice looking vehicle into an eyesore.
i share your thoughts on this subject as well...

i cringe at times when i see cars with decked out auto zone stickers and fender vents and what not , spraining what ever they can get their hands on black is annoying to me

to the OP all i did was google 9th gen accord hooked up and pick and chose what caught my eye

·
Registered
352 Posts
Joe, I'm pretty sure you can look at 2013-15 model year photos, the exterior hasn't changed at all in that time. If you're struggling to find lots of pics, maybe that's why?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts