Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feels like it is constantly following groves in the road. Almost makes me car sick on the hwy. maybe that’s Goodyear 19” tires.
Anybody else notice that and had luck swapping them out?

I will also verify the tire pressure isn’t too high when we get there.

·
i now have 2 cars to break!!! MUWHAHAH!!!!
14,905 Posts
Feels like it is constantly following groves in the road. Almost makes me car sick on the hwy. maybe that’s Goodyear 19” tires.
Anybody else notice that and had luck swapping them out?

I will also verify the tire pressure isn’t too high when we get there.
It very well may be the lower profile tires with wider tread.

I had the 17" rims on my 18 LX for the first few weeks. After swapping out the Uniroyal Tiger Paws that were on there with my 15 accord wheels (Yokohama Avid Ascend) straight-line tracking was improved.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
549 Posts
Don't have this problem on either set of wheels stock or aftermarket......
My biggest gripe is the ridiculously soft clear coat. I can actually make indentations with my fingernails on the from bumper.

·
Need some LSD...
139 Posts
When I first got my 18' sport I noticed the rear end would kind of wiggle a little depending on the grooving on a highway. I took it onto the dealer and they did a rear end alignment and it helped out a lot.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The more I think about it I know a good alignment shop near by and will get them to check it and will even pay them to align if nothing major wrong.
Might cost me more but might also save me a day sitting at my Honda dealership

·
Registered
152 Posts
I had this issue too when I had stock wheels and tires. It didn't really bother me much cuz I knew it was the groove from freeway driving as it wasn't an issue while driving on surface streets. Now I have aftermarket wheels and tires and have zero issues with tires following the groove from freeway surface.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had this issue too when I had stock wheels and tires. It didn't really bother me much cuz I knew it was the groove from freeway driving as it wasn't an issue while driving on surface streets. Now I have aftermarket wheels and tires and have zero issues with tires following the groove from freeway surface.
I have had this issue when tires get worn out but never when new. I will have the alignment checked and if OK deal with these goodjunks A few more years

1 - 10 of 10 Posts