Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 white ex-l sedan and it came with the alloy rims and chrome covers. I'm debating whether or not to take off the covers and leave the alloys or keep them on. what do you guys and gals think?
46270_1574344956584_1174364400_1620274_2559238_n.jpg
2008-honda-accord-ex-l-v-6-1-588x441.jpg

·
1st gear
363 Posts
id take it off but its up to u

·
.Net developer
156 Posts
save up for some 19's! or some spinner hubcaps! :lmao:

·
Stayin Classy...
630 Posts
Alloys with hub caps? Never heard of that before....

I thought you either have ugly steelies with hub caps, or nice alloy rims...but never both?

I like the look of chrome, but having chrome caps on alloy wheels might look a little silly, so I would fall back to just keeping them with the alloy look until you can get aftermarket rims or something.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Do they bolt onto the alloy wheels, and are they made of plastic but look like chrome?
IMO I would lose the chrome cap

·
Registered
685 Posts
Standard Chrome alloys look good on the accord. No fake chrome hubcaps. Just keep the alloys because they look nice and get a set of nicer rims later in time. Like chrome real rims if you want that chrome look. For now alloy is the way to go for sure

·
.Net developer
156 Posts
i was kiddin about the spinners man!

get some 19's or 20's, but if i had to choose either the alloys or the chrome stuff on the alloys, i would probably just leave the chrome caps on there until i got rims. people into accords would definitely notice it, but normal peeps wouldnt ever be able to tell the difference. :wave:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The chrome cap is the same exact design as the alloys. they just go completely over the rim and cover the lugs. I was thinking of keeping them on there until i curb rashed the shit out of them lol

·
Registered
200 Posts
they dont look too bad in the picture, but all depends on if it looks cheap or not in real life, thats for you to decide. don't worry about it too much, just save up for bigger/better rims =)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm not a fan of the chrome look just for chrome's sake. My first thought would be to do exactly what Danielc409 suggested, but you do have a point. I have had a few experiences with curbs and the right rear wheel on my Accord and the curbs always win. If they don't look terrible and if they don't damage the alloys underneath by keeping them there, then use them to protect the "real" wheels.

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
Best way to protect your wheels from curb rash is to just stay away from curbs heh, use a lot more caution when you are turning corners or going through drive thru's. I curbed my wheel like a couple weeks after I got them at my credit union drive thru. Now I go as slow as I can and check my mirrors etc to make sure that never happens again, but shiet happens.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts