Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody give me some insight for this conversion kit. Im hoping to find some people who have installed this kit on their accord. The kit itself seems to be getting high ratings on most of the websites i have seen them on but they are ratherinexpensive which scares me a little bit. i have been told to beware of the cheap HID kit. If nobody has experiece with this kit can you recommend another kit that they have had success with on their 8th Gen Honda Accord Coupe. Thanks

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hey man, as mentioned in another thread of yours, I have the OPT 7 - 35W kit. They have the "Blitz" and the "Bolt" kits.. I have the "Bolt" kit and so far very pleased.. My only complaint was the installation instructions were terrible. It was pretty simple to figure out though once everything was apart.
I know you said you were going to have them installed so no worries there for you... I ordered my kit off of Amazon for $65 and it arrived at my door in less than 3 days.

I'll get some pics tonight if I can for ya...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what exactly is the difference between the bolt and blitz kits?

thanks for the qiuick resonse MikeyThumbs. I would really appreciate some pics if you get time..

·
Registered
293 Posts
The difference between the kits is the Blitz is Direct Current (DC) and the Bolt is Alternating Current (AC).

Got a few in me at the moment so I'm not going to be making it out to take any pics tonight, but I'll get some up tomorrow night for you.

Happy New Year! :salue:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright MikeyThumbs.....What kind of accord are you rocking? Im getting some different information on what size bulbs I need for my 2008 Accord EX-L Coupe V6. I know I need H-11 for my low beams but I have been told I need 9005 and 9006s for the high beams. Does it matter? Im sure they wont both fit. Can you assist?

Some web site such as amazon went as far to tell me that neither would fit for my high beams. But every other site tells me that I need 9006 or 9005. what did you use on your accord?

·
Registered
293 Posts
swtlew, I didn't touch my high beams , I plan on tackling the fogs next (just going with OEM style housings and some PIAA Plasma Ion Yellow bulbs, no HID for the fogs).. I will worry about the high beams later if I even bother.. I literally NEVER use my high beams so I could care less what type of bulb is in there to be honest..

I have a 5MT 2010 LX-S Coupe, wanted the 6 but it didn't make sense with the amount of driving I do (approx 75-85 miles a day) I figured the gas mileage on an i4 would be better for my commute (plus I didn't want to spend the $4-6K more it would have cost to find the 6 that I wanted!)

The link below will tell you what size bulbs you will need for your high, low and fogs..

http://www.lightbulbs4cars.com/honda bulb guide

·
Registered
293 Posts
Sorry swtlew, doesn't look like I'll be getting the pics tonight either. Going to be a blizzard where I live according to the news. The accord will be tucked warmly in the garage until Monday :sorry:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No problem MikeyThumbs. We are getting nailed by snow in Ohio right now. My Accord is tucked safetly away until about April. Hit me with some pics whenever you can. thanks again

·
Registered
429 Posts
The high beam bulb for both coupe & sedan is the 9005. It can also be replaced by a slightly modified 9011 bulb.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mi08coupe...Have you replaced your headlights? If so what kit did you use and how do you like it?

·
Registered
429 Posts
mi08coupe...Have you replaced your headlights? If so what kit did you use and how do you like it?
I'm not running a hid kit. I opted for Narva H9 bulbs to replace the pitiful stock H11 low beams, and Toshiba 9011s to replace the high beams. Will likely go with Philips bulbs when I need replacements. I've been quite pleased with the results of the bulb swap, but my intent was simply get more useable light on the road, not trying for an upscale look or anything.
The H9s are about 70% brighter than the H11s, and the 9011s are about 50% brighter than the 9005s, and both, to my eyes are slightly whiter than stock. Plus the lifespans are pretty close to that of stock bulbs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts