Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dumb question. Got a code for a cylinder 2 misfire. Are the cylinders numbered 1 through 4 left to right looking at the engine from outside or inside the vehicle?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Standing outside the car, looking at the engine bay, cylinders are #4, 3, 2 and 1 from left to right. Probably.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dumb question. Got a code for a cylinder 2 misfire. Are the cylinders numbered 1 through 4 left to right looking at the engine from outside or inside the vehicle?
Stand in front of your car and cylinders are numbered 1 through 4 left to right. per service manual 6-10 valve adjustment section.

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
year vehicle??
assuming 7 gen:
FO: 1-3-4-2
layout of cylinders..passenger to dr. side (from the front):1-2-3-4

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
When lying underneath, with your feet pointed west in the northern hemisphere, for right handers who are not in Britain and the cars headlights are pointed north, then ....

Reactions: jimijam

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
year vehicle??
assuming 7 gen:
FO: 1-3-4-2
layout of cylinders..passenger to dr. side (from the front):1-2-3-4
Does that apply for cars sold in Britain?

·
Roll Tide!
7,678 Posts
Ya'll four banger guys sure are having a hard time figuring out those cylinders. I bet your mind would get blown if you had to figure out which cylinders are which on a six cylinder 7G.
Is he from Great Britain?
Who cares? If he isn't, he may move there tomorrow. I will allow this line of questioning to continue.

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
Ya'll four banger guys sure are having a hard time figuring out those cylinders. I bet your mind would get blown if you had to figure out which cylinders are which on a six cylinder 7G. Who cares? If he isn't, he may move there tomorrow. I will allow this line of questioning to continue.
Lol...I couldn't care less if he's from Guam, myself.
That's why I never brought it up! (it appears our friends from the north, do:cool:)

And I've owned 5 of the 4 bangers, so I think I also know "which side is up."
YMMV.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts