Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Forum Insomniac
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this'll be my first actual mod to my 6 speed. Money's tight, but I should get an extra paycheck Monday for some unused sick days at work, and for months I've been drooling over wanting to get the AEM V2 intake for my Accord! Anyway, I plan on ordering from prostreetonline.com since I've found they have the lowest price for the V2 out of all the sites I've searched ($298.69 - 5% Honda-Tech Discount + $24.89 shipping = $308.65). Anybody ever ordered from them before? If all goes well, I hope to have it installed by next weekend. I'm stoked!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Dude, that's the exact mod I want for my car. I'm very anxious to see how happy you are with it! Let me know if it sounds as BADA** as the make it seem. Also, let us know if you think its worthy of $310! 18.1 HP is a decent amount though..
Very excited for you bro!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Dude, that's the exact mod I want for my car. I'm very anxious to see how happy you are with it! Let me know if it sounds as BADA** as the make it seem. Also, let us know if you think its worthy of $310! 18.1 HP is a decent amount though..
Very excited for you bro!

You probably won't see the " 18.1" hp. You're probably a v6 so you might see more of a difference than what a 4 cyl would see, but doubt you'll see the entire " 18" they claim. Not to bash on you or bust your bubble. Just letting you know.

$310 bucks for intake with shipping isn't bad. Haven't ordered from prostreetonline but i've been looking through their sites when i was buying bolt ons. But you'll notice a difference and hear it whistle and such. Good luck with your mod.

·
Forum Insomniac
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heck yeah! I'm counting down the days like a kid waiting for Christmas! I know the 6 speeds have a louder stock intake box than any other 7th gen Accords. I wonder if it'll growl any better after I throw on the V2. I plan on grabbing a beer and doing this mod by myself at home. I hear it helps to take off the front bumper, but I don't plan on doing so. Anybody got some advice you'd like to share with me that could make this installation easier?

·
Forum Insomniac
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You probably won't see the " 18.1" hp. You're probably a v6 so you might see more of a difference than what a 4 cyl would see, but doubt you'll see the entire " 18" they claim. Not to bash on you or bust your bubble. Just letting you know.

$310 bucks for intake with shipping isn't bad. Haven't ordered from prostreetonline but i've been looking through their sites when i was buying bolt ons. But you'll notice a difference and hear it whistle and such. Good luck with your mod.
Shoot, I'd be happy to get 10-12 hp out of it. I'm mostly doing this for the sound. If I wanted performance right away, I'd get the stock diameter lightweight pulley (which I plan on making my next performance mod).

·
Registered
543 Posts
I don't know about the V6 since i got a 4 Banger, but the intake and filter box is pretty large. Like it sits right behind/below the drive side headlgith and in front of the wheel. I had to just take off the top part of the bumper to slide it out. But good luck man. Well worth the money.

·
2007 4DR EX-L V6 5AT
2,977 Posts
You will want to remove the bumper...will make your life a lot easier.

I have a V2 in my V6 Auto and it sounds great. I only got it bc I got a good deal on it, but never would spend the money for a brand new one. I have the Typhoon before and it was nice, not as nice, but for 1/2 the price, worth it.

·
Forum Insomniac
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hm, well what if I just unclip half the bumper for the driver's side? Will that help any?

·
Forum Insomniac
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I get mine, I'd love to paint it metallic red like the one I had in my '97 Accord.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just installed my Aem V2 in my V6 Friday. I purchased it from TireRack.com for like $310 free shipping, the warehouse was in DE and I'm from PA so ordered on Thursday and received on Friday!! It's worth it, you'll definitely get stares when you hit the pedal

·
Registered
372 Posts
So this'll be my first actual mod to my 6 speed. Money's tight, but I should get an extra paycheck Monday for some unused sick days at work, and for months I've been drooling over wanting to get the AEM V2 intake for my Accord! Anyway, I plan on ordering from prostreetonline.com since I've found they have the lowest price for the V2 out of all the sites I've searched ($298.69 - 5% Honda-Tech Discount + $24.89 shipping = $308.65). Anybody ever ordered from them before? If all goes well, I hope to have it installed by next weekend. I'm stoked!

GET THE K&N TYPHOON INTAKE.... im tellin you right now. i have it myself

·
Forum Insomniac
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Epic fail on my behalf! The check I was going to cash to buy the intake doesn't come in until next payday, another two weeks from today! FML! That's how my luck usually goes though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts