mine is the one with the 370z rims

enjoy the pixz

and here a few goodies of mine alone ;)

rims are 19x9/10 with 245/35 and 275/35 tires

hope you guys enjoyed the pixx!!!

·
Registered
621 Posts
nice pictures, if only the performance justified the looks!

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,737 Posts
Rear camber stands out too much for me. I also would say it looks like the other black Accord's height looks better: my reasoning being that in looking at true performance cars like the 911 GT3, M5, and C63 there is still a small gap between the top of the tire and the fender whereas you and the white accord have none.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
the camber is necessary to fit those wheels though.

looks awesome!

·
4,737 Posts
the camber is necessary to fit those wheels though.

looks awesome!
I'm skeptical, because as I said in my previous post (that I edited so you might not have seen it), looking at other performance sedans with even wider tires the suspension doesn't look like it's broken.

Maybe you have to do that camber to get fat tires to work on the Accord (because it wasn't designed with those tires in mind)...I don't know...someone can enlighten me.

·
Banned
746 Posts
I'm skeptical, because as I said in my previous post (that I edited so you might not have seen it), looking at other performance sedans with even wider tires the suspension doesn't look like it's broken.

Maybe you have to do that camber to get fat tires to work on the Accord (because it wasn't designed with those tires in mind)...I don't know...someone can enlighten me.
Not everyone that has an I4 8th gen goes for "performance" like you...some go for looks. Trying to compare the suspension of a 911, M5 or SLK to the way ANY suspension is done on ANY Accord is like apples to oranges....and quite frankly...well I won't go there.

Moral of story: these Accords are all for show/looks, not the track or extreme handling. Not saying they won't handle well, but looks is the goal here with these three. And yes, the camber kits are needed to fit the wheel/tire combos because obviously the Accord is not built to handle that wheel/tire setup from the factory..

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thxz for the compliments,

actually, my rear is the highest of all 3,

and true my front are lowest of all 3 but hey, thats how those drag car looks ;)

and yes, I do have the performance to back it out... in due time,

still in the process, need 2 more parts, and tune, and bam...

I'll be the only 8thgen accord boosted in the world :D

and I WANT MAD POWAHHHH

·
4,737 Posts
Bad news for you is that there's already at least 2 turboed I4's floating around somewhere. Dude had a post a few weeks ago where he was having issues with the ECU freaking out or something to that effect.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bad news for you is that there's already at least 2 turboed I4's floating around somewhere. Dude had a post a few weeks ago where he was having issues with the ECU freaking out or something to that effect.
lol... that was me,

and me...

I've been boosted for 3 months now?

·
Banned
1,960 Posts
people on this forum have no taste. the suspension is for looks and performance. who cares about the supercars not having their wheel gap COMPLETELY FILLED and thensome. a lamborghini aventador can be raised 4 inches and still look insane. its all about fitment and style and also performance and better handling. also if you noticed all these supercars are SUPER LOW to the ground and they still have a wheel gap. thats how they are designed to be very low to the ground. and lamborghinis and im sure alot of other supercars can raise and lower their suspension from inside the cabin via control switches.

with that said. yes lowering our HIGH ass accords does improve performance in every way, given you have a good reputable suspenion with good struts on it that is tuned for either performance or lowering or whatever it is

btw.... that turbo tho...... i wanna drive that shit tommy lol

nice pictures, if only the performance justified the looks!
btw, what does performance have anything to do with looks? your saying these slow shitty lexus is250's and older lexus models have ANY performance in them whatsoever? their slow as crap and are complete boats

do you guys not see the car scence these days? Nice cars modded tastefully with exterior modifications whether v6, i4 or whatever. people go for looks not performance on these accords, lexus cars, acuras, etc.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Same way we can't understand Honda's obsession with wheel gap that can fit a tallboy. There is zero practical need for that obnoxiousness and most other makes have half or less gap.

Throw a stock Accord around a corner just once and the case is instantly made for a superior suspension with a lower center of gravity. It's not just about looks.

·
Banned
900 Posts
You can have functionality with lowering a car. But from what I see people just want to slam their cars, throw on wheels far too aggressive for it, stretched tire BS and excessive camber.

Even then, Honda cars come at their ride height for absolute functionality. The average dope doesn't care about ride height and in fact, actually like the ride height if they live in a city. I do deliveries to Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx a lot. Those roads destroy lowered cars, even cars at stock ride height still find ways to bottom out and scrape.

·
Sunny California Living
102 Posts
Nice car! That thing looks beast. Loving those Z rims too :thmsup:

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
You can have functionality with lowering a car. But from what I see people just want to slam their cars, throw on wheels far too aggressive for it, stretched tire BS and excessive camber.

Even then, Honda cars come at their ride height for absolute functionality. The average dope doesn't care about ride height and in fact, actually like the ride height if they live in a city. I do deliveries to Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx a lot. Those roads destroy lowered cars, even cars at stock ride height still find ways to bottom out and scrape.
Roads don't destroy lowered cars - bad drivers do.
Next time you're out, have a look around at wheel gap. None of the other Japanese brands are as flaragant with the wheel gap as is Honda. Slamming vs a conservative drop - my opinion is that our cars look and function so much better when the chassis isn't floating over a half a foot from the tire line. Honda should have used HFP specs for their stock struts.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.