Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to buy the RV6 jpipe for my 2010 accord coupe but it’s been out of stock for a while now and I’m looking for alternatives for pipes that could be used on it, any help would be appreciated.

·
Yea I modded my car again
1,387 Posts
I will tell you, wait to buy it from them. They have the best quality. I have an XLR8 v2 J pipe and it is good but after a few years the flex pipe snapped and needed a new one welded in.

RV6 uses big flex pipes and 2 of them vs 1 which all the other designs have.

Look on other websites and you might find someone with it in stock. Or (as I have done 2xs) call RV6 and see what their lead time is. They are good ppl and I would be lying if I thought going for another brand would next you a better or similar result.

However if you are ancy like I am and never wanna wait. The only brand I can see in my searching it ATLP which can be found here at Heeltoeauto (best website for parts I have found and they ship CHEAP to canada also)

Research it and you will find people complain about the flex pipe deteriorating. Welding a new one in is like 100$. And it may or may not happen to you. Depends on where you drive (salty roads) and if you have sloppy engine mounts and bang gears (I bang them hard) then that will also fatigue them)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Flex pipe issues aside, which one you should get really depends on what your goals are for the mod. RV6 for low end torque, ATLP for high rpm. I don't believe the XLR8 pipe is available for purchase anymore.

If your Accord is an AT, I would definitely suggest the RV6. The ALTP jpipe is good but torque does suffer below 2k rpm.
Just for reference, I have the ATLP on mine(6MT).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts