Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
94 EX 4cyl/2003 EX V6
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to drive anyone away but i was wondering if there were any other good sites on the web, primarily forums, for the DIY mechanic type information to look for. There's lots of coverage here for everything newer, not alot of traffic on the old board for my 20 year old primary commuter. :- /

·
Yes, I'm a girl.
1,649 Posts
None that I'm familiar enough with.

20 year old Accord??? Do you have pics? How's it running? How long have you had it? That's an impressive length of service for a car.

·
94 EX 4cyl/2003 EX V6
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
None that I'm familiar enough with.

20 year old Accord??? Do you have pics? How's it running? How long have you had it? That's an impressive length of service for a car.
Its in my sig and title bar, 1994 Accord DX 4cyl with automatic, about 236,000 miles right now with no rebuilds or anything having been done. Runs great for the most part, idles a little rough when the AC is turned on at idle, and a little short on power/I think the transmission is awfully 'busy' in needing to drop down a gear. But stock tranny seems good - pink fluid and shifts solid, i'd like to keep the car until it hits 300,000. Mileage is okay, about 23mpg around town average so far, haven't calculated highway only because it's been an exclusively around town car as long as i've had it.

Had about 4 years so far (sorta, girlfriend got it 4 years ago then finally moving in with me). I'll probably get some pics up soon. It's had some rough treatment before I got it but I have no plans of getting rid of it as long as it doesn't die before I can get a timing belt in there in a month or so. Once I do the timing belt and water pump i'll probably see if I can fix a rusty area in the rear quarter panels though that might not happen til next year either.

The 'old' ones are different than the new ones, closer to a compact than a midsize almost, or at minimum a bit small for a midsize car. Less room than the Grand Prix I used to have anyway whereas the 2003 is equal.

·
RoopsPhoto.com
218 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I agree Honda-Tech has long been a great resource of info. For common issues don't overlook YouTube. Seriously, it can be better than Chiltons or Haynes books.

My '94 LX w/ ABS has 324,xxx on the odometer but only the last 100K came from me. It's got some issues that need addressing but I don't (and haven't) hesitated driving it across the country.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts