Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the best way to do this?

Ideally, I would like a rear view mirror that has outside temp display and backup cam all in one. Has anyone seen an aftermarket mirror with these features that works well with the new Accords and also looks nice? Since the screen will be so small, it is super critical that the picture be crystal clear.

Otherwise, I have seen backup cam mirrors and separate outside temp displays.
Don't care if it has auto dimming, map lights, Homelink etc., but would be nice

Recommendations?

·
lol wut
570 Posts
No I haven't seen any aftermarket rearview mirror with outside temp display. As of now, no one really has a solution for it, since it's really something people don't care too much about. College Hills has an aftermarket rearview mirror with auto dim, compass, and homelink I believe. That's all it has though.

Back-up cam. Your best bet is to either get an aftermarket navi unit that replaces the existing radio/clock display. OR, get a double din headunit to replace your existing stock radio. You can do an OEM navi conversion but you'd be the first as far as I'm concerned, for the 8th gen at least.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm really not interested in changing the radio. If there is no combination mirror, then I'd just get a mirror with backup display and get a separate simple and discrete outside temp screen that can be installed somewhere on the dash.

Does anyone have recommendations for either?
I would want a "wide-angle" fisheye-like camera display on the screen since the most useful feature I have had using previous backup displays was being able to back out of a parking space while parked next to another taller vehicle and be able to see if another car is coming from the side before backing out far enough to be hit.
Some of the screens only show you straight back mostly what you could see out the back window and no view to the sides.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I've never heard of one either. I've been surfing quite a few sites with aftermarket products in the last month or so, and haven't come across anything.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, I'll just get separates. There is someone who posted pictures of a rear view camera, but I didn't like the limited angle of the view. I can't find the thread.
Maybe they are available with different cameras connected to the mirror so I can get a better view of the sides.
I have seen some little LED temperature display kits that can be mounted in many places. That part should be easy to find.
The mirror and camera kits for Accords are hard to find. The biggest site that sells these rear view mirror kits with backup monitors (Autoanything.com) has nothing for Accords newer than 2006 and they are super expensive too.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Most of the rear view mirrors with a LCD built in are universal. Just find the one you like best. You are going to have to run wires and do a custom install regardless of which one you pick.

·
Doc Mojo
1,499 Posts
this is what i did for my backup camera:

I converted the aftermarket backup camera for accords (the one that replaces one license plate lights), and modified it to look attach like regular Honda cameras on the trunk. I also used a LCD display (for a car computer), that rests in the original pocket found in front of the gear shift. Total cost is ($40 for camera, $150-200 on the LCD display, but it could be way less depends on what it is... mine's a touch screen computer display, so it's on the high end).

just a heads up if you're in a place with lots of rain, salt (winter) or dirt, any cameras you install will get dirtied fairly quickly (so need to clean regularly). Compared to back up sensors (driven my folk's volvo)... sensors are more reliable, but camera is so much clearer... to each his own

1 - 10 of 10 Posts