Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Over heating issue

476 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Davidpeab 
#1 ·
I have a 2012 honda accord coupe , my issue is when im driving the car hard (hard acceleration ) , why is my car starting to get hot it will get to about the 75% - 80% line then drop down when i ease up a bit on the driving , it usally occurs when im driving for longer periods of time (freeways , highways, ) Its pretty hot where i live so lets keep that in mind ,my fans are working , car is 4cyl with 128k miles , BTW the AC is always on in my car while driving Any info would help thx !

#2 ·
My daughter just called about the 2008 I gave her. She was driving in the mountains outside of Las Vegas yesterday and was worried about the gauge creeping up as well. It was something like 109 degrees there and she was flogging it up a steep hill with the max A/C on. Here's what I suggested.

1. Turn the A/C temp up and turn off inside air recirculation because that is what activates the "Max A/C" setting on that model
2. Have the radiator flush and fill when you get home
3. Slow down when possible
4. Have your boyfriend buy a newer car so he can drive everywhere when the temp is like a kiln in NV

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.