Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i just bought my first honda, it's a 2001 accord with the 2.3 inline 4. I am not sure what took me so long to come over to the darkside now! I effing love this car already!! Granted it's not the "i'm going to rip you off the road if you drop the clutch at 2000 rpm" i'm used to but hey, the fuel economy and daily driveability of it is unmatched! Anyhow, i bought it knowing i was going to need to tear into it relatively soon, you know that 90,000 mile pm? (this one has 160,xxx)...well i need recomendations for parts! I know i am going with k&n filters, but that is just out of prior personal experience...when it comes to what works well and is going to last me another 90,000 miles, i don't know where to begin! So here's my parts list, fill in where you have input. (i'd prefer to not hear about what your brothers, ex-wifes, sisters, cousin put in his car...personal experience please.)
1.) timing belt...
2.) water pump...
3.) spark plugs/wires...
4.) do tensioners need changed out at this time..?
5.) also, do i need to replace the cap and rotor..?
Thanks!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I try to use OEM parts only. When I did my timing belt, I used a Gates belt, Honda water pump, NGK plgs and wires, Honda cap and rotor and yes I did change the tensioners, its stupid not to.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I had a shop use genuine Honda timing belts, tensioners, oil seals, water pump and accessory belts when each of my Accords were serviced.
Im still running the original distributor cap, rotor and wires. Plugs were replaced at 140k with NGKs.
If the valves are noisy they should be adjusted, but mine are still quiet.
Dont forget the fluid changes, (coolant, transmission, power steering).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts