Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
music addict
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 Accord EX sedan (7th Gen) with a sunroof, and have been wondering about the overhead console from the 8th Gen Accords... They have a switch to operate the sunroof built right into them- WAY more convenient than the switch down by my knee.

This link (http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showpost.php?p=634613&postcount=1) is a thread where an auto-dim mirror is being installed in the 8th Gen accord- you can see the overhead console all taken apart...

Does anyone know whether the 8th Gen Overhead Console will fit in my 7th Gen Accord?

and...

Does anyone have any idea how complicated it would be to switch the sunroof control from the switch at my knees to the switch on the console?

I know that the TSX, Pilot, and Odyssey all use similar (same?) overhead consoles, would I be able to grab one of those on ebay, or is there a difference?

I've attached a pic I grabbed from a how-to-use video online with a big red arrow pointing to the sunroof button. it's calling out to me...

Attachments

·
music addict
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So... Anyone out there? Hi, hello, good day? I was also thinking of just pulling the center module out and sticking it into the homelink module slot. Anyone know (or want to guess so I know I'm not crazy) if that will fit?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I agree it would be so much nicer to have the switch up there, rather than where it is. Having said that, I think redoing the wiring will be the biggest hassle. No idea about the fit of the console itself.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Putting the switch from the current location to the overhead location isn't a big deal, you're just extending a couple of wires. But the biggest thing, to me, is making it look good/OEM. I have no idea what your switch looks like, so, that might not be a problem at all.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
to be honest, it doesnt seem that bad. in the 7th gen section there is a wiring diagram for the sunroof switch. theres basically a single wire for each function of the sunroof. just test the pins on the 8th gen overhead console sunroof button and it should match up. a little custom soldering and the right wires can be fitted on. hardest part i see about this is making the overhead console fit into the space on 7th gens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts