Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Honda accord 4cylinder with about 243k miles. I was in dead stop traffic last night for a good 45-50 mins and the temperature gauge starting going very close to the max temp. I did a quick google and put the car into neutral and revved it at about 1500rpm to reduce the heat (which brought it down significantly). After getting home I went to check the car thinking the radiator fans went out but both are still running fine. Oddly enough, my coolant seems extremely low for refilling it 4-5 months back.. I was trying to track down a leakage point but couldn’t quite identify one yet. Not sure if anyone might think it might be due to something else.. I did take some photos of possible leakage spots…. Thanks guys!
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Engineering Auto part

Car Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Car Wheel

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas

· Registered
2005 Accord EX
165 Posts
You probably had an air bubble in your coolant path, but normally the high temps show up well before now. This would also explain the fluid loss, as the bubble eventually made back to the radiator.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
really hoping it’s this.. I just filled the coolant reservoir up and so far it’s been ok..but I did also find this under the radiator cap..

Automotive tire Fluid Gas Automotive wheel system Rim

You probably had an air bubble in your coolant path, but normally the high temps show up well before now. This would also explain the fluid loss, as the bubble eventually made back to the radiator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts