Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks
I have a 2005 Accord LX (104K miles). It gave a check engine P0140 (read O2 sensor in/near the catalytic convertor). After having it replaced at an Emission Repair Facility (ERF) here in NJ, the check engine light it now throws a P0139 (slow to respond).

I can take it back to the ERF but I am not sure what the next expected steps are. The sensor is brand new - could it have been not put in properly ? Or could the problem be somewhere else

Any insight would be welcome

thanks
v

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Replacement is pretty straight forward so I doubt is was installed incorrectly. A damaged wire or connector could be possible especially if they used a universal sensor that requires rewiring. I would also ask what brand of sensor was used. Some brands (Denso) seem to work better than others or you could have gotten a defective sensor right out of the box.

·
Registered
588 Posts
They might put a wrong type sensor.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah, they may have done just what I did... installed a new Bosch sensor only to have the P0139 set within about two weeks. Reports are stacking up that non OE sensors just aren't cutting it in this case. Could be a bad production run.

I'm going with the Denso sensor ASAP, and will do a follow up report on the forum just as soon as I get it done, and through a readiness cycle or two.

-R

·
Registered
295 Posts
With newer cars, the oe sensor should always be used. We had this issue with the ms3 as well. Even though other sensors were supposed to work in that application, they never worked as well as the oe (that case being ntk)

Also rock auto has great prices and will tell you which sensor is the oem.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
34 Posts
So, the place I bought the Bosch sensor sent me a Standard Motor Products OE style sensor to replace the Bosch. As of right now all's well.

I don't know if the our 05 LX 2.4 has even gotten through its drive cycle and readiness tests have completed, but the MIL has been off for more than three consecutive 15 mile or more trips now, and as of today still error free.

I'll reserve a full review of the "Standard" brand oxygen sensor for a few hundred miles to be sure.

-Roger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts