Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello DA,
I got a check engine light on my 07 EX-L V6,with code P0154.

I have done some Googling, and I found some threads referring to it as the front-top O2 sensor.
Can anyone confirm? And is it number 10 on this chart?

Thanks in advance,
AA

P. S. Sorry for the mess. My first time posting using mobile.

·
Registered
841 Posts
p0154 refers to bank 2 sensor 1. Bank 2 is closest to the radiator. and sensor 1 is closest to the cylinder head.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Make sure to check the obvious, the sensor is plugged in and no small creatures have been snacking on the wires.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
p0154 refers to bank 2 sensor 1. Bank 2 is closest to the radiator. and sensor 1 is closest to the cylinder head.
Great, Thanks a ton.

Make sure to check the obvious, the sensor is plugged in and no small creatures have been snacking on the wires.
unplugged, cleaned, and re-plugged it. No improvements unfortunately. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
841 Posts
in my experience with honda 99/100 O2 sensor codes is due to a faulty sensor. Replace it, clear the code and call it a day.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
That AF/O2 sensor is a pricy one, but go with the Honda part as the aftermarket ones never seem to last as long or work correctly.

·
Registered
841 Posts
100% correct. Very often aftermarket parts end up costing u more money than biting the bullet and spending the money on Honda parts. Honda's engine monitoring systems (i can't think of a better word for it) have VERY small tolerances. Things like cats, data sensors, valves and solenoids are better off with OEM. In this business u get what u pay for. Almost everytime. Good call greg1c

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for the advice. I will check if it is sold around here for less than a pound of gold, or I will have to order it from the States.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts