Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all, I have been seeing an intermittent P0333 on my 2013 Accord with 119,000 miles on it. Getting ready to order the parts to replace the knock sensor and was wanted to get everyones input.

The first time the code came on I was driving on a bumpy road and it seems each time I take that road the code reappears. Which makes me believe the knock sensor is either loose or faulty. I do not get any pinging or hesitation from my engine and it still runs as smooth as the day I bought her.

Does anyone have any input on preventative maintenance I should be doing while I have the intake manifold off?

I plan on checking and adjusting my valve clearance as well.

Thanks!

Edit: Engine Size 3.5 V6

·
HK Moderator
13,617 Posts
I missed which engine you have. Check the wiring for the sensor- rodents sometimes chew them up. Also, if you replaced your starter recently and it is near your knock sensor (not sure which engine you have) you may have messed with the knock sensor housing.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess my engine size would help... Its a 3.5 V6.

I believe in order to check the wiring you have to pull the intake manifold correct?

Starter has not been replaced.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you get this fixed? I just got the same code in my car. It only has 87,000 miles on it. Do you know where the senor is located?
Yep, I ended up doing the work myself, it is a little bit of a bear to get to the sensor and to be honest in my case I don't this the sensor was the issue. The wiring harness that connects the two sensors together was completely brittle as it is lies between the heads.

You have to remove the intake manifold, fuel rails, and injector base, all the parts cost me about $300, some of which I didn't need to purchase after all.

It did however fix the issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yep, I ended up doing the work myself, it is a little bit of a bear to get to the sensor and to be honest in my case I don't this the sensor was the issue. The wiring harness that connects the two sensors together was completely brittle as it is lies between the heads.

You have to remove the intake manifold, fuel rails, and injector base, all the parts cost me about $300, some of which I didn't need to purchase after all.

It did however fix the issue.
Great post. I couldn't find the sensor or instructions anywhere else on the internet for a Honda/Acura 3.5 engine.

I was able to get the sensor out without removing the fuel rails on a 2016 Acura 3.5. Sensors are under (below red arrow) the fuel rails. Remove the bolt, then fish the sensor with wiring attached up through the opening, attach new sensor, thread wiring with sensor attached back through opening, insert bolt, torque.

·
Honda FTW!
203 Posts
My 2015 V6 with 62k miles has this issue and I'm going to do the work soon.

@listenloud Your photo clearly shows the fuel rails and injectors still in place. I have never taken the intake manifold off so I wondered if you had photos of the underside of it, as well as the "injector base?"

@crspangenberg Did your engine look the same as listenloud's?

I am really confused about which replacement gaskets to buy.

Thank you for the useful info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts