Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Clutch Burner
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have an 03 acc v6 6speed i just bought and replaced the blown motor with a j32a3 from the TL, it runs but misfires at high RPM and had a check engine, the code came back for P0401 Insufficient flow, so i took off the intake manifold and went crazy on the EGR port on the block and the port going down into the block as well, and on the intake with carb cleaner till it came out nice and clean, i also cleaned off the EGR valve and sprayed carb cleaner inside and everything, installed a new gasket for the valve and slapped the intake back on.

So I eliminated the P0401 code and now I'm getting P0404 Circuit range/performance, since I cleaned out the EGR passage i know it couldn't be that, so i replaced the EGR with a brand new one from RockAuto.com. After replacing the EGR and putting a brand new gasket I'm still getting the same P0404, so if the problem isn't the passage or the valve itself then what can it be?

from what I THINK I understand of the EGR function it will open up at a specific interval and the ECU will read the 02 to confirm its functioning correctly, if the 02 doesn't read a change then the ECU throws a code right? :dunno:

The previous owner for whatever reason had some silicone around the rear head's exhaust, I replaced the motor but reused the same exhaust after scrapping off the silicone from said exhaust, is it possible the silicone outgassed and damaged the 02 sensor? or maybe clogged the rear head's pre-cat and so the ECU isn't reading the change? :dunno:

TL;DR; cleaned EGR passage and valve + new gasket so theres no more P0401, ECU now throws different code P0404 so I replaced the EGR and gasket again brand new and I'm still getting same code.

·
Clutch Burner
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
solved the issue, brand new EGR i recieved was faulty, so i got another replacement and it worked perfect.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts