Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my previous thread I detail how I "fixed" an idle issue I was having. Besides replacing numerous parts and the idle being fixed I have driven about 50 miles since and I now have a p0507 code popping up. Totally new from other issues I had been having. Any ideas?

IACV, replaced, cleaned throttlebody as there was a small amount of buildup around the plate. The throttlebody was not removed to replace the IACV (don't know why people do this).

I'm at wits end with this thing. Any suggestions?

Otherwise, anyone want to buy a 05 accord? Lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Recheck for any vacuum leaks.
I was sure to check when I was reassembling the IACV, I had the whole air tube out and only removed the couple of hoses attached to it.

Is there a vacuum line diagram for this vehicle somewhere here? Code appeared after a 30 mile drive, after sitting idle for 2-3 minutes after the drive.

Other known 'non-issues' that I haven't looked into yet (but can't see how they'd be associated), is a small leak in the power steering (either common o-ring issue, or pump is going) and I get a little bit of an idle surge after tapping my brakes at an idle.

Just find it interesting it only displayed the problem after the car was stopped the second time.

Recheck for any vacuum leaks.
After a quick look I can't visually see any cracks in the area I did work in, however seems as if the stickiness is back in the throttle plate I mentioned in the other thread. This was cleaned up when I did the work and for some reason came back after it sat a week. Seems as if after it's parked you need to break it free and then it doesn't want to come back. (must have kicked it on accident getting in before driving it and didnt notice it while driving, because it's usually open when moving). Will take it all a apart again tomorrow and confirm this isn't the issue before moving onto anything else.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
That error says the idle is higher than expected, is the engine idling higher than expected??

It should be 790±50 rpm (in Park or neutral).

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
04, v6 accord, ¿lx?, BAYA, J30A4
144 Posts
What’s the chance it’s burning off excess sea foam or throttle body cleaner from the work you did and causing an idle spike?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone, I'm going to take it apart the next couple of days. It's definitely the plate sticking at 1k. If you tap the gas it'll drop below that but it naturally settles at 1k at the moment.

When I took it apart there was a small amount of corrosion around where the plate settles closed. I didn't see anywhere that idle relearn was necessary after IACV, so I'm assuming the buildup is back for some reason.. better way to clean this so it doesn't return as easy?
That error says the idle is higher than expected, is the engine idling higher than expected??

It should be 790±50 rpm (in Park or neutral).

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Obviously any binding and sticking on the throttle plate it not going to allow the car to go back to a normal idle. Also, throttle body's wear out and can leak air around the throttle body shaft.

It is hard to clean throttle bodies on the car, So many people have cleaned throttle bodies and have idle issues afterwards. You should do the idle relearn procedure any time you do work on the throttle body.

Reactions: Jizzonem

·
Super Moderator
6,763 Posts
How did you clean the throttle body? Did you spray carb cleaner directly into it?

There was another dude here that got a code doing this.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Obviously any binding and sticking on the throttle plate it not going to allow the car to go back to a normal idle. Also, throttle body's wear out and can leak air around the throttle body shaft.

It is hard to clean throttle bodies on the car, So many people have cleaned throttle bodies and have idle issues afterwards. You should do the idle relearn procedure any time you do work on the throttle body.
I haven't removed the TB completely, I did however prop it open, and with shop vac running I tried to clean the corrosion. It appeared to have cleaned up at the time but for some reason is back. I thought this was from heat/sitting. It's on the inside wall right where the flap closes. A off color white ring around most of it (mostly the bottom half). Are you saying this can be caused by that air leak?

I'm gonna stab at the corrosion again. Other than the light this thing seems to be okay. Better way to clean this chemically? Not sure why it would come back so quickly after being cleaned off. Maybe I need something a little heavier than towel and cleaner. Wire brush?

Will take a look at the relearn in the service book and give it a shot afterwords as well, although it was normal after the replacement parts were put in. (Figured driving it 50-100 miles would sort it out instead, was told the fuel system isn't ready yet during inspection), another 50 miles and lights back on.

How did you clean the throttle body? Did you spray carb cleaner directly into it?

There was another dude here that got a code doing this.
Negative, TB cleaner on clean rag without loose fibers.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Is this drive by wire throttle?

My '03 Coupe is cable, and daughter's '07 SE is electrical.

When did they change?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I agree with Greg1c, do an idle relearn whenever you actuate the plate of the TB when cleaning. You may need a scan tool capable of bidirectional controls to do the idle relearn. The manual procedure doesn't always work.. Also, may be a good idea to clean the MAF and MAP while your there, just cause lol. Air filter condition?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts