Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I drive a 2011 Honda Accord Se Sedan. I am having a bit issue with the car. The car will crank but it will not start at first try. If I crank the car right after the first try, the car will start. It does seem like it is struggle woth starting car more often when it the weather is cold. I took it to autozone to have the battery, alternator, and starter test and all was fine. The technician used the obdII and told me it is the computer which is the pcm internal control module malfunction. I was wondering, have anyone ever experience this problem? And what are the solution?

·
Race to the speed limit
229 Posts
Here is the service manual's troubleshooting process for P060A.

That essentially says to either get your ECU/ECM/PCM updated to the most recent firmware, or replaced.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem with ECU

Hi, I am issued with starting my car. There are time it will take two to three crank for the car to start. I took it to autozone and these are the issue listed. I also talk to some my friends, they mention the ECU would be the last thing they check because they believe it is a sensor that is causing it. Please let me know what ya think.

Attachments

·
2020 best year
4,199 Posts
Umm, can't read much from potato quality image.

Can you upload something more clear?

Do you have a CEL when you start the car?

I would first check the battery and starter.

Sent via MHA-L29. Whatever.

·
Registered
43 Posts
May be a correlation/ software mis match error between the tcm and ecm. Could be someone jumped the battery backwards and fryed something. Theres nothing you can do. Take it to a Honda dealer. Even if you changed the ecm without Honda HDS it will not work. Ur SOL

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the respond. Just talk to a guy that used to work for Honda, he said he would look into buy a used ecu online. And bring it to honda so they can flash it.

Where is the ECU located on the 2011Honda Accord Sedan SE?

Hi, I am having problem with my car. I believe the ECU is going bad and I need to find out where is the ECU located.

Thank You

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The link is’t really helping.

Honda ECU replacement and reflash on 2011 honda accord sedan se

Hi, I believe I have a malfunction ECU. However, most of my friends mention that ECU would be the last thing they replace as there can be alot of reason it can throw things off such as sensor. What are the chances an update firmware would do the trick? I have 142k miles on it. An initial symptom of it is it will crank the first time but it will not start. Now, it take about three time to crank then it will start. Code is display are

P060A PCM internal control module malfunction
P062F ECM/PCM internal control module keep alive memory(kam) error
P2610 ECM/PCM ignition off internal timer malfunction
P2118 Throttle Actuator Current Range Performance Problem(Include hybird Model)

·
Race to the speed limit
229 Posts
Hoang, you've asked so many times from separate threads to private and visitor messages. The answer has been the same. With the codes you have it is a very high likely hood that the ECU is damaged.

P062F means there's problem with the EEPROM inside the PCM, I'd imagine that isn't going to come up because of some sensor.
P2610 means the PCM can't keep track of how long things are taking (shut-off to next start-up).
P060A is straightforward enough, something's wrong with the PCM.

If you take a second to look up those codes every result will tell you it's something to do with the PCM, either with bad wiring or a bad flash.

Take it to the dealer to have them at least check out the ECU, get it sorted, stop asking the same question and expecting different results.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hi,

I took my car to honda dealership today to get my ecu swap out. The tech was able to swap it out, immobilized it, it start. However, the car is still having trouble starting. It take about 3 crank for the car to work. Beside the ECU, can it be anything else that would cause this problem?

The Tech believe it was a bad ecu relay. So he swap out the relay and hoping the check engine doesn’t go back on and hopefully the car start normal for now on.

Well, the car is still havig trouble starting...

·
Elvira - the car
3,574 Posts
How old is the battery?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi, I bought a battery back in September 2017 . The problem start to happen in November 2017. I switch out the battery in January 2018 hoping that was the problem but unfortunately that wasn’t it.

some of my buddies suggest it is some sensor or relay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any info on the fix on this?..My car is doing the same exact thing..I have a 2012 Honda accord 4cyl (2.4) automatic with 142k miles I live in New york ..This is driving me nuts

·
6th Gear
41 Posts
Honda ECU replacement and reflash on 2011 honda accord sedan se

Hi, I believe I have a malfunction ECU. However, most of my friends mention that ECU would be the last thing they replace as there can be alot of reason it can throw things off such as sensor. What are the chances an update firmware would do the trick? I have 142k miles on it. An initial symptom of it is it will crank the first time but it will not start. Now, it take about three time to crank then it will start. Code is display are

P060A PCM internal control module malfunction
P062F ECM/PCM internal control module keep alive memory(kam) error
P2610 ECM/PCM ignition off internal timer malfunction
P2118 Throttle Actuator Current Range Performance Problem(Include hybird Model)
I had very same issue with the same codes for the past month at 130k on my 2010 Accord. Before taking the car to the dealer, I reviewed the service manual and checked out the steps for all of the 4 mentioned codes. I paid $120 to have the stealership diagnose the car and update the pcm/ecm and replace the ETCS relay. The problem came back the next day, and the stealership wanted me to pay another fee to diagnose the car.:mad: I left.

My solution: Replace all the spark plugs. I think I got a bad batch of NGK spark plugs when I replaced them at 100k. All of them were bad. Make sure to check the gap, torque them to spec, and clear the CEL after replacing the spark plugs. After a good test drive, the permanent code disappeared! :cool:

·
Elvira - the car
3,574 Posts
I had very same issue with the same codes for the past month at 130k on my 2010 Accord. Before taking the car to the dealer, I reviewed the service manual and checked out the steps for all of the 4 mentioned codes. I paid $120 to have the stealership diagnose the car and update the pcm/ecm and replace the ETCS relay. The problem came back the next day, and the stealership wanted me to pay another fee to diagnose the car.:mad: I left.

My solution: Replace all the spark plugs. I think I got a bad batch of NGK spark plugs when I replaced them at 100k. All of them were bad. Make sure to check the gap, torque them to spec, and clear the CEL after replacing the spark plugs. After a good test drive, the permanent code disappeared! :cool:
If indeed the new, new sparkplugs fixed the problem, the NGK's may have been counterfeits. There was a rash of counterfeits from Amazon (i believe that is true) and there are posts here on DA that prove that out.

I realize this is 11 months late but future viewers may benefit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts