Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving down the highway yesterday and suddenly my car jolted, lights came on my dash and my car was smoking.

I had notifications about my transmission and engine failing and my car told me to let it sit for 10 minutes to let it cool then start it up again.

Well, I did and the transmission failure notification went away, engine one did not.

I ran my codes and the one that came up P0717 and it's a permanent code.

Went to have my transmission flushed and was told i had almost three times as much transmission fluid in my car than it needed and while it hasn't slipped or messed up since yesterday, now I have a busted seal.

Best advice on what to do? As I can't afford to have my transmission fixed.

·
Elvira
3,389 Posts
If you burst a seal you're done in my opinion. THAT much ATF could cause a seal to burst and no stop leak product is going to work.

3X the ATF does not seem possible though as it would be pouring out the vent pipe during operation.
How did they determine this amount? Measured the ATF post drain?
If they got 9 quarts out with a simple drain plug drain/fill then that trans should not have been running properly for some time.
Did you see ATF fluid all over the place?

Reactions: greg1c and Rygrego

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Is this a V6?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
The P0717 code is no signal from the input shaft speed sensor. Typically a broken signal wire or a loose or corroded connection or a bad input speed sensor.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Went to have my transmission flushed and was told i had almost three times as much transmission fluid in my car than it needed and while it hasn't slipped or messed up since yesterday, now I have a busted seal.

Best advice on what to do? As I can't afford to have my transmission fixed.
Not possible...that would be 3 X10 = 30 qts.
He probably said 3 quarts extra...either way someone effed up, big time.
Who changed the fluid last??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts