Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

P215/55r17 ?

11K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Drew03Accord 
#1 ·
Guys, will I have any issues running P215/55R17 on my 7th gen? Not sure of the offset but the wheels are 2013 Accord alloys. Just wondering if that circumference might cause some rubbing

#2 ·
If my math serves me correct, P215/55R17 have an overall diameter of 26.3" where as the stock P215/60R16 are 26.15" so the overall diamater should not be an issue as a worn down tire has almost 1/2" less overall diameter than when it was new.

As for the offset, I'm not completely sure, but I would like to assume that it's the same for 5-bolt Accords since a lot of people to switch Acura and Accord Rims from different generations.

#3 ·
Drew:

This is from a sticky on 9th Gen forums by namegoeshere:
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69694

Again, this info is for the 9th Gen Accords! It seems as if all offsets of 9th Gen Accords are +55.

5) Tire and Wheel Size Information

As with previous generation Accords (7th gen and 8th gen), the 9th generation Accord also used a 5x114.3 bolt pattern (PCD) and a 64.1mm hub bore size.

Sedan:

- LX:
205/65-16 Firestone Affinity Touring or Continental ContiProContact on 16x6.5 +55 alloys, 5x114.3 PCD
Weight:
- Sport:
235/45-18 Michelin Primacy MXM4 or Goodyear Eagle LS-2 on 18x8 +55 alloys, 5x114.3 PCD (wheel part # T2A18080A)
Weight: 28 lbs
- EX, EX-L, EX-L V6, Touring:
215/55-17 Michelin Primacy MXV4 or Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max on 17x7.5 +55 alloys, 5x114.3 PCD
Weight: 25 lbs

Coupe:

- LX-S, EX, EX-L:
215/55-17 Michelin Primacy MXV4 or Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max on 17x7.5 +55 alloys, 5x114.3 PCD
Weight: 25 lbs
- EX-L V6:
235/45-18 Michelin Primacy MXM4 or Goodyear Eagle LS-2 on 18x8 +55 alloys, 5x114.3 PCD (wheel part # T2A18080A)
Weight: 28 lbs

Plug-In

- 225/50 R17 94V on 17-Inch Forged Alloy Wheels with Aero Covers
Weight:

Optional Wheels:

- 17" Chrome Wheels: 17 x 7.5 +55, 5x114.3 PCD
Part# 08W17-T2A-100

#6 ·
I am running this size for my winter setup and my car is lowered 1.5". No rubbing.
Drew lives in Hot-lanta...he has only heard of this "winter" you write of...

(Thread hi-jack in progress): Hey, didn't you guys in ND get a foot of snow last week? What you running and how did they perform?

#7 ·
(Sorry for the thread hijack, OP) Actually we (Grand Forks) didn't get any snow yet. I know western South Dakota had a devastating blizzard. My current setup barely constitutes "winter setup" to be honest. It's the five spoke CRV steel wheels (60+lbs a piece with tires) with almost new Cooper CS4 Touring. I picked the wheels and tires up from a buddy who moved to Texas for $100. Next winter I will be looking at real snow tires, either Blizzaks or X-Ice.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#9 ·
Thanks, guys. Great info, which I appreciate. I was at work eyeing some wheels on Craigslist and didn't have time to research it.

Rickblain, you are certifiable... LOL. Feel free to molest this thread to your heart's content, as I've gotten what I need from it. Yes, I'm in Hotlanta, where everything closes and grocery shelves go bare at the slightest hint of snow. I'm a NY transplant here though and you have to see how clueless drivers are when it snows in a city at only has a few snow plows. Experienced winter drivers know enough to just stay home and out of the melee.

Anyway, I'm getting to where I need new tires and have now developed a habit of buying slightly used or new wheels and tires (ready to mount) off CL, versus paying full price for tires only.

#10 ·
Good deal, Drew. I've scored a lot of Acura wheels for my Honda (and cousins). I know you know this- but for others, always check the 4 digit date code on the tires you are buying. You don't want 7 year old tires.

It must be frustrating being a NY transplant in Hotlanta. I was a Chicago transplant in Washington, DC, and I learned as you did- when it snows stay the heck home because the locals have NO IDEA how to drive in 2 inches of snow, and they will kill you.

#11 ·
Exactly!

Yes and also roll each wheel or tire across a flat surface. If it hops, skips, wobbles or falls over. Something is bent or warped.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.