Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The paint around the rear passenger tail light flaked off right where the rubber molding meets the paint on the lower part of the light housing, Knew this was an issue due to the soft paint and fitment issues just procrastinated on taking it in to get fixed. Well, My second find was kinda a kick in the sack. I noticed a faint smell of oil burning after stopping after some higher rpm driving a ways back just passed it off as being normal since oil level never dropped and could not find any smoke or oil when under the hood. Dealer changed oil free the first time and a couple of weeks ago I changed the oil and noticed oil/grime around the rear bank of the motor near the firewall on some wire housings and found that the source of the leak was coming from valve cover area. I immediately called the dealership and set up an appointment. Well, 2 weeks later the car is fine with no leaks or smell of oil burning and the paint fix looks great. I'm very OCD about my car and detailing it or I don't think I would have noticed either problem. Hope this helps someone b4 the warranty runs out. Oh, Buy the way they gave me a fart car(natural gas)as a loaner 2012 civic, No thanks. I still love my Honda coupe:nuts:

I forgot to mention that it was the valve/head cover gasket that was replaced, after inspection seems like they did a great job with no dents, scratches or dings. I really sweat dealerships on jobs like this but all seems well. Apple Tree Honda in Asheville NC was the dealer.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Whenever I take my car in for service I take pics or video all around with my iPhone as the service writer is preparing the service order. I then have him walk around the vehicle with me and acknowledge there are no dents, dings, or scratches. Much like they do at the rental car agencies. Had a bad experience with the service department and a previous vehicle I owned. They didn't want to own up to the damage that obviously happened in their service bay. Also helps when you bring your car in relatively clean inside and out. Like you, I tend to worry they'll do some damage on a routine job and not mention it hoping you'll drive off the lot without noticing. Once you leave that lot it's your word against theirs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts