Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just bought a new accord a couple weeks ago. I wash it once every 2-3 days, and I will check for droppings on a regular basis, and I use Meguiars Quik Detailer to wipe it off before it etches into my paint.

I just washed my car and noticed this whitening spot the size of a pencil eraser on top of my roof near the right top corner of my windshield. I've run my finger across it and it's completely smooth to the touch, so I'm guessing its under the clear coat.

Anyone have any ideas on anything other than the dreaded white spots that occur on Honda paints?

Also noticed the paint chipping from the corner of my tail lights too, has this happen to anyone else? Any ideas if the dealer will remedy this somehow?

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's chipping for sure, I thought it was plastic or rubber sticking out and I pulled it out. Turned out to be paint, and I can see a fibrous-like material now.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
That mark on the roof looks like what is known as "rail dust". Iron from the rail car/environment falls on the paint and oxidizes leaving that behind. Try using a good paint cleaner and see if it comes off. Sometimes a pecil eraser can take it off, too. Just make sure the car is clean.

Jay

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Your tail light issue is a common issue on Honda's. Can not believe they are still having fitment issues...just sad.

Needs to be taken out and repainted. Personally I wouldn't repaint the entire side of the car for it. I only had the area touched up on my 8th gen and it lasted 3 yrs before I traded it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I had the same problem on my driver's side rear tail light. I had the entire quarter panel repainted under warranty.

·
Banned
308 Posts
Is the "fitment issue" that the plastic taillights are too large and rub on the seam of metal? How do they fix that fitment issue....dremel the taillights or something?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had the same problem on my driver's side rear tail light. I had the entire quarter panel repainted under warranty.
Could you tell me a little bit more about the service? How long did it take them, whether you got a loaner in the mean time, and any chance I could get them to buff the rest of the car so that it looks even?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Is the "fitment issue" that the plastic taillights are too large and rub on the seam of metal? How do they fix that fitment issue....dremel the taillights or something?
Its called Lazy installer. Some moron didn't take the time to line it up correctly at the factory. And Honda's legendary QC missed it....and has been missing it since 2008. The lights fit just fine when done right.

When I bought my 8th gen Accord I seen the same issue almost 2 weeks after buying it. %75 of the brand new Accords on the lot had the same issue. Mind you, its a very small dealer. I've seen countless Accords with it since. I tell anyone considering to get an Accord to check the lights, front and back for this issue. And keep an eye on it.

·
Banned
308 Posts
Its called Lazy installer. Some moron didn't take the time to line it up correctly at the factory. And Honda's legendary QC missed it....and has been missing it since 2008. The lights fit just fine when done right.

When I bought my 8th gen Accord I seen the same issue almost 2 weeks after buying it. %75 of the brand new Accords on the lot had the same issue. Mind you, its a very small dealer. I've seen countless Accords with it since. I tell anyone considering to get an Accord to check the lights, front and back for this issue. And keep an eye on it.
What are you looking for exactly? That the plastic of the taillight is shifted over to one side too far so it is contacting the metal beside it? If so, then I'd make sure I do a close inspection of any car that I'm about to take delivery on (should I decide to go down the path of an Accord) and refuse to take delivery until they fix it or bring another one out from the lot!

·
Registered
4,223 Posts

After reading this or some other thread on the same thing, I looked at all four corners and haven't any issue with the paint around the lights.

Why would you want to imply that the people who work on the line at Honda are lazy or mentally delayed? Do you know the meaning of the word?

"Moron is a term once used in psychology to denote mild mental retardation." Today we refer people with that problem as intellectually disabled.

Where do you get your statistic that 75% of the Accords on the dealer lot in 2008 had this issue?

They made an error and it got through the quality system. Like anything else that is made in quantity on an assembly line there will be some level of errors. You didn't pay for a hand built Accord so you got a warrantee that the dealer honored and repaired the issue.

·
Hello
104 Posts
After reading this or some other thread on the same thing, I looked at all four corners and haven't any issue with the paint around the lights.

Why would you want to imply that the people who work on the line at Honda are lazy or mentally delayed? Do you know the meaning of the word?

"Moron is a term once used in psychology to denote mild mental retardation." Today we refer people with that problem as intellectually disabled.

Where do you get your statistic that 75% of the Accords on the dealer lot in 2008 had this issue?

They made an error and it got through the quality system. Like anything else that is made in quantity on an assembly line there will be some level of errors. You didn't pay for a hand built Accord so you got a warrantee that the dealer honored and repaired the issue.
it shouldn't be acceptable at this point in time. He is saying he bought a 2008 accord with the same fitment problems, now it's 5 years later in the 2013/14 accords with the same problem. Also with a different shape head/tail light.

this is my first accord and it has head & tail light paint chipping. Im at 6000kms, ill take it in when i change the oil, doesn't bother me too much, but seeing that it's an old problem is kinda lame. Unnecessary if anything

·
Crosseyed and Gearless
298 Posts
Also noticed the paint chipping from the corner of my tail lights too, has this happen to anyone else? Any ideas if the dealer will remedy this somehow?
I have the same issue on driver side taillight, the chip isn't as large as the one you have, so I haven't done anything with it. I have to agree with the other comment that it's very likely an installation error, I really doubt the panel came to assembly with chip damage, or that it happened after assembly, so odds are someone was careless, and here we are, a Honda defect. :thumbsdow

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your tail light issue is a common issue on Honda's. Can not believe they are still having fitment issues...just sad.

Needs to be taken out and repainted. Personally I wouldn't repaint the entire side of the car for it. I only had the area touched up on my 8th gen and it lasted 3 yrs before I traded it.
I plan on keeping my car until it runs to the ground, and I don't want to worry about the paint failing more than I have to(seen countless Honda's with that white spotting(official name??), so I hope they will repaint the entire panel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts