Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to install my paint-matched grille. It was painted Modern Steel Metallic, then clear bra'ed on top to keep it from chipping. For now, the chrome strips and the lower chrome piece was plasti-dip, but probably will be vinyled or black chromed somehow. I remember reading a few people wondering how it looks, so here it is! (BTW, my buddy at a bodyshop hooked me up so, I don't know the cost for it.)

·
6MT JUNKIE
719 Posts
Looks good :) like a 6th gen.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
You are on to something here, I like it.

Jay

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Looks good!! I've been wondering about the chrome piece paint match with body color

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
288 Posts
Looks great! I plan on doing this as well in ***.

·
No PRND
583 Posts
I think I like it. Especially the anti-chrome me.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It looks pretty good and clean. I think painting that large chrome portion black would have made it look more aggressive though

·
2013 Honda Accord Touring
202 Posts
I finally got around to install my paint-matched grille. It was painted Modern Steel Metallic, then clear bra'ed on top to keep it from chipping. For now, the chrome strips and the lower chrome piece was plasti-dip, but probably will be vinyled or black chromed somehow. I remember reading a few people wondering how it looks, so here it is! (BTW, my buddy at a bodyshop hooked me up so, I don't know the cost for it.)

Very Clean!
I was very happy when I had the chrome pieces painted black and the door handles color matched.
The front chrome trim looks great color matched. Could we get some pics in different lighting?

·
Registered
884 Posts
:thmsup:That does look good!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Now THAT is a mod that looks great! Well done.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I love that "toned down" look. For once, I wasn't immediately drawn to the chromed pieces (like when I look at my own car). lol

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As requested by dubstepslap415, here are some other pictures in different lighting:

Here's also some pictures of my rear taillight tint. 35% tint overlay that was pre-cut. (Didn't like the bright red color of the taillights-clashed with my grey to me- and I don't like blacked out taillights, so this was the median. Dark cherry color)

Here's a comparison of the taillight color between the tint and regular 5 series BMW to see the difference:

·
Registered
104 Posts
As requested by dubstepslap415, here are some other pictures in different lighting:

Here's also some pictures of my rear taillight tint. 50% tint overlay that was pre-cut. (Didn't like the bright red color of the taillights-clashed with my grey to me- and I don't like blacked out taillights, so this was the median. Dark cherry color)

Here's a comparison of the taillight color between the tint and regular 5 series BMW to see the difference:

Where did you get the tail light pre-cuts? I wanted to do the same thing get like a slight tail light tint, I think it looks good. Is your deck lid drilled on btw or did you tape it on?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Where did you get the tail light pre-cuts? I wanted to do the same thing get like a slight tail light tint, I think it looks good. Is your deck lid drilled on btw or did you tape it on?
I ordered it from here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-HONDA-...2013|Model:Accord&hash=item56544c6779&vxp=mtr

and make sure to ask for the 35% tint, not the 20%.

And, my decklid is taped on, has been almost 8 months now with only a small gap (I'm the OP of the Sport decklid spoiler thread)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts