Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
2,322 Posts
Since you asked. I don't buy into clear bra. What we have are cars. They don't last forever. Yes, having clear bra will prevent "some" premature aging of a car's appearance. However, if you do proper maintenance such as washing and waxing on a regular basis, you won't need clear bra. There are people saying after a while the clear bra starts to look like crap due to all the scratches and dings. JMHO.

·
Registered
357 Posts
http://www.armourfendamerica.com/

This is who I used on my A4 and Touareg's. Saved the crap out of the front of my cars in the winter when driving from CT to VT in bad snow.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Since you asked. I don't buy into clear bra. What we have are cars. They don't last forever. Yes, having clear bra will prevent "some" premature aging of a car's appearance. However, if you do proper maintenance such as washing and waxing on a regular basis, you won't need clear bra. There are people saying after a while the clear bra starts to look like crap due to all the scratches and dings. JMHO.
Clear bras are not to prevent aging its to prevent chips in the hood from stones which washing and waxing will not help.

trogdorsguitar, my advise is to get VentureShield which is currently the best out there. They were bought out by 3M earlier this year so most 3M shops should have it. Definately get a professional to put it on because if not done right it looks like crap. It is the clearest and stongest product out there. Also it doesn't peel and won't turn yellow. But if you have a white car you may see some yellow but its because of the glue and not the film.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Here is what it looked like on my grey Touareg:

You can barely see the line of where the clear bra stopped.

Guys doing the install in Greenwich, CT.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got VentureShield installed on my white coupe. IMO it is definitely worth it. I got a chip on my fender 2 weeks after I bought my car and 4 days before I got VentureShield. With VentureShield, I haven't got one single chip or scratch on the hood. However, I didn't get one for my bumper, so I got a few chips on my bumper already. If you want to do it, do it early and let the professional install it. Once it leaves the dealer's lot, you are taking the chance. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts