Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Paint Caliper or Buy Custom Caliper Cover -

• Paint Caliper Black & Add White Decal (DIY Style)

Votes: 25 86.2%
  • Buy Bolt on Custom Caliper Cover (Brembo Style) in Black & White Decal

Votes: 4 13.8%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Boosted Sedan
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Carpe Diem
3,159 Posts
Bolt on brembo caliper cover? It doesn't get much ricer then that sir. Stick with the paint and decal.

·
Boosted Sedan
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm my coupe doesn't like rice, thought it was an innovative idea guess
I'll stick to the DIY paint ...

The covers aren't brembo they are replica large Caliper knockoffs I guess
Available in a range of color and logos...

·
Stayin Classy...
630 Posts
I have never seen the caliper covers. I would be interested in those just for the pure curiosity. If they are made cheaply they will just melt, discolor, and get loose (which will make an awful racket later). But if they are made properly then they come at a decent price.

Im going to bookmark that site. maybe grab a pair for testing sake some time.

·
Carpe Diem
3,159 Posts
If they are anything like the ones they sell on ebay, it's just a flimsy plastic covering that you glue onto your caliper. I'd hate to see what would happen if it fell off while cruising down the highway...

·
Stayin Classy...
630 Posts
Ya, after reading about how they attach....they glue on?!?!

If they do fall off, that glue would cause an awful mess afterward. God forbid you have to change break pads or take off a rotor.

On second thought, maybe I will just paint the ones I have now

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't think it would look right as the glue-on plastic covers are supposed to simulate a big brake kit. However, you would still be running stock rotors => plastic covers wouldn't match the circumference of the disc, and look oversized. (like a child wearing their parent's shoes.)

I painted mine red, and it's holding up quite well.

·
.Net developer
156 Posts
hey im bout to paint my calipers too. anybody here know of any sites where we can order the Honda decals? thanks :)

·
Boosted Sedan
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The same company that offers the calipers (which by the way i think bolt over the exsisting caliper mounting area and are not glued - if glued that WTH lol) offers the decals as well ..

$5 for a set of 4 (larger ones for the front) and free shipping ...

http://carcalipercover.com/viewcategory.php?groupid=2

·
Boosted Sedan
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
.Net developer
156 Posts
is your honda decal curved or is it just straight and the caliper gives it the appearance of being curved? thanks :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Painted with decal

Damn that painted pic looks dope and that honda sticker too what kind of paint and where u get the sticker at

1 - 20 of 26 Posts