Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, my 2015 Honda Accord has some paint chips due to driving on the highway. I am going to buy Honda paint touchup pen, is there any method to apply them?

Also how do I avoid paint chips like buying a hood visor? My car is white so I don't like the black and white look, may go for the chrome, does anyone have pics?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Consider using autoмotivetouchup.com for your touch-up paint. As long as you use the exact paint code, I've actually had better paint matches than oem touch-up paint from the dealer. I've found the brush applicator with it to be easier to apply than the pop-out applicator with some paints. Either way, you want to avoid getting paint "globs" which are hard to get rid of, and look bad. For tiny chips I've dipped a toothpick point in the paint to apply, first getting rid of excess paint before applying.

You may want to consider a 3m clear stick-on product professionally applied to the hood/bumper of your car to avoid these chips. Their biggest disadvantage being that they are costly. For most, I would not try to apply these myself, but rather by those experienced in their application.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Some people apply it with the little brush that comes with the bottle, others have better luck with a tooth pick or something like that. Most of the touch up paints are water soluble so I always have a wet paper towel or rag handy so I can wipe it off and try again if I screw it up. If it comes with clear coat give it a try but I usually get better results without it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the hood deflector installed from weathertech, I have a black car so granted it's pretty easy to see paint chips. I'm still receiving chips in my hood regardless of having the hood deflector installed, I'd try having a clear bra installed.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Since the car is white, I am guessing it is ***. I would get the OEM touchup for this color because it is 2 parts. Like Glen said....toothpick!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts