Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2013 Accord Sport
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally painted my calipers this past weekend. I have a black sport and am getting the windows tinted in 2 weeks. I feel like the red with all the black will look really good. I also plan on upgrading the rotors in the near future as well, probably just slotted. I will post another pick in a few weeks once the windows are done. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
that looks great! considering painting my rotors blue when i knock out the brake job i have planned. waiting for my other rear rotor to come in the mail haha

·
Registered
412 Posts
Looks good, I wish I had the ability to paint mine... I lack the mechanical know how to do it.. I considered MGP covers but I hear there are fitment issues and I can't bring myself to pay 200 for them.

·
2013 Accord Sport
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good, I wish I had the ability to paint mine... I lack the mechanical know how to do it.. I considered MGP covers but I hear there are fitment issues and I can't bring myself to pay 200 for them.
Its really not too difficult. I just watched a bunch of you tube videos and read a lot of articles before doing it! And of course I gathered invaluable information from the experienced users here on DriveAccord.net!

·
2013 Accord Sport
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So after a couple weeks I wasn't crazy about the red. Went and bought some black caliper paint and a clear coat. They turned out really well except a few spots did not get enough clear coat. Next time i have a wheel off i will post a close up pic.

·
HK Moderator
13,923 Posts
No mention of the paint used. :(
No mention of spray or brushed. :(

Why God? Why?

Painted calipers look nice, and is wise to do them earlier in a car's life as it will be a heck of a lot easier to clean them properly to accept paint. And prep, as you know, is 90% of a paint job success or failure.

Would you consider leaving the calipers black but painting (yet again) the brackets either silver or red?

·
2013 Accord Sport
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No mention of the paint used. :(
No mention of spray or brushed. :(

Why God? Why?

Painted calipers look nice, and is wise to do them earlier in a car's life as it will be a heck of a lot easier to clean them properly to accept paint. And prep, as you know, is 90% of a paint job success or failure.

Would you consider leaving the calipers black but painting (yet again) the brackets either silver or red?
Sorry, I'm still a newb!! I started by using a wire brush drill bit to get all the rust of the calipers. i sanded them down next with a medium then a fine grit. then i used duplicolor spray paint. next was VHT clear coat.

Any yes, the prep took way longer than i thought it would, but they did turn out looking pretty clean!

·
2013 Accord Sport
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought about two different colors, but i like the idea of all black. The windows will be tinted within a few weeks which will really bring it all together.

What I really want now are new rotors. There is a little bit of rust on the ones in there now. I'm thinking about slotted ones...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts