Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share one of the first mods I have done to my accord. Took apart my headlights and painted the headlight surrounds and orange reflectors with VHT night shades, and painted the high beam reflectors with Gold Xmetals. Used glad press and seal to mask off the low beam reflector. I also took off the clear turn signal lense so it would not get painted.

Attachments

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,285 Posts
Well played - that looks pretty sharp mate !!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! The yellow high beams actually are amazing at night. They definitely light up signs and road lines much farther down the road than normal. In foggy and rainy conditions also they are much better. They have slightly less distance under normal conditions. Plus they get a lot of attention when you flash them.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
nicely done!

i hate and avoid baking headlights and would probably use vinyl like i'm looking to do w/Inspire Fogs

got any night shots, would like to see output

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just used a hair dryer to heat the glue enough to pull them apart. Then reheated it again when it was time to put back together. Used a clear silicone sealer after just to be sure it was waster tight. I have no fogging issues.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I just used a hair dryer to heat the glue enough to pull them apart. Then reheated it again when it was time to put back together.
how long did it take you with a hair dryer? i would think it would be much more time consuming but definitely a great tip if your like me and don't like throwing headlights in the oven

1 - 6 of 6 Posts