Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
i-VTEC, do you?
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting sick of seeing rusted iron calipers behind my always clean wheels, so I decided to paint them. I used Rustoleum Flat Red 2000° spray paint. It took me over 9 freakkin hours to complete the job (most of the time was spent masking off everything and cleaning the rust off :censored:) but It was worth it, and today I finished off the job by cleaning off any over spray and adding some decals. For my first try I think it looks pretty bad ass. After my Short Ram Intake which should arrive this weekend I'm going to get some new rotors and pads. Probably something drilled and slotted.

Closer view,

·
I snapped my G string....
3,865 Posts
Looks good..... :thmsup::yes:

·
Registered
32 Posts
looks sweet man, good job. where did u get those decals from?

·
i-VTEC, do you?
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
179 Posts
Man, looks great.... One of my next mods.

·
.Net developer
156 Posts
good job bro, definitely my next mod! how many coats did u use in the 9 hours?

·
i-VTEC, do you?
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good job bro, definitely my next mod! how many coats did u use in the 9 hours?
I did 6 light coats all together. The first 2 that I did were having some trouble sticking to the caliper, but after coats 3 and 4 they began looking like they should. Coats 5 and 6 were just spots that I missed.

·
Forum Insomniac
482 Posts
Would it be easier and take less time if you sprayed the calipers off the car? I might do that when I get some RL calipers.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
wow your cars coming out awesome! i really want to paint my calipers.. but dunno how to take off/put back on the wheels correctly lol. dont have a torque wrench..

·
Registered
268 Posts
It would be so much easier just to take them off the car, way less time. I did mine in a couple hours just waiting for coats to dry. Nonetheless they look great, very nice work.

·
lookin' clean
671 Posts
9 hours?! wow. what did you clean the rust off with? I cleaned mine off with a wire brush and drill, primed, then used matte black spray. Did it while I was doing my suspension, so it had plenty of time to try.

·
i-VTEC, do you?
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks to everyone for the comments!

9 hours?! wow. what did you clean the rust off with? I cleaned mine off with a wire brush and drill, primed, then used matte black spray. Did it while I was doing my suspension, so it had plenty of time to try.
To clean them I used some caliper cleaner, wire brush and lots of elbow grease.

You need to add some clear coat to it or it will chip all over the place and the decals will get ruined. The paint job looks great and clear coat is easy bc its clear...but do like 6 coats at least.
Will do! Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wow looks sexy. Did you leave the calipers on clean then mask everything? I dont have a torque wrench either, but i Do need to replace my pads soon...

·
Boosted Sedan
1,823 Posts
Sweet, looks good!

Did mine this weekend as well, did black and used the G4 paint kit. Only two coats (1 hr in-between) came out really nice and glossy! Gonna def get some clear on there when the decal goes on so everything stays put -

Also ordered the same decal just a different font i believe for $5 free shipping (white version)
at carcalipercover.com - high temp - :thmsup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looks good man! I'm planning on doing mine when the weather warms up. Black calipers with white lettering on my all black 03 coupe

1 - 20 of 33 Posts