Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
long story short, one of my rims were ruined (via rust from an etched rotor, was beyond saving) so i decided to paint them. (planning on getting a new set of take-offs anyway) so this was for fun/experience etc.

this isn't everybody's cup of tea, opinions good or bad are welcome (this is an online forum, after all lol)

also did cross drilled rotors and painted calipers.. lmk what you guys think

**don't mind the headlights, although they are aftermarket projectors, with hids these have much better output than my stock headlights (seriously) and they will be blackhoused soon (like my old stock headlights- see my avatar/display pic)

·
i-VTEC, do you?
284 Posts
Wow, that actually turned out really well! I'm normally not into painted stock wheels but it works here. I like how you left the center caps unpainted. Drop it and your set. :thmsup:

·
03 Accord coupe Ex 2.4L
428 Posts
Wow, that actually turned out really well! I'm normally not into painted stock wheels but it works here. I like how you left the center caps unpainted. Drop it and your set. :thmsup:
^^+1 It turned out nice :thmsup:

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
I generally don't like painted (black) OEM wheels, but you did a good job. You left the center cap and nuts silver, so it breaks up the color very well. Does not look like steel stockies.

And the red brakes helps to break up the color also.

I would discourage others from doing it, but your outcome was the exception. Good job.

Now.. how about a mild drop...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thx for all the feedback guys, i do plan on dropping it eventually... and LFsoccer, i'll get some output pics up a bit later for you. i'm really hoping the paint holds, because they look much better in person, possibly because of the high gloss? and its hard to see from the pics, but the rotors all around are cross-drilled...

and i agree with you guys, normally I don't even like stock wheels painted (usually black painted rims/hubcaps have a cheap appearance), but since one rim was beyond saving (visually) i did this to hold me until i get new rims/tires. i suppose i got lucky with this as they turned out pretty well, and i haven't been flamed yet LOL

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
here's a couple of output pics as requested...

not the best pics, but these were taken w/ a cellphone..

when i say the out put is better than my stock headlights, it's because this was my beam pattern:

and this was my original idea for my rims, but there was no way i could get the outer rim perfect..

·
5th Gear
41 Posts
wheels look nice

·
Registered
147 Posts
love the wheels, they look awesome

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Wheels don't look bad but to make car look better you need to drop it, if your planning on keeping the stocks get spacers and put back the factory headlights and remove the accord labels from the side skirts. (MY OPINION).

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
for the paint i actually used high-heat high gloss tremclad paint, covered with duplicolor wheel paint clearcoat.. so far it's been holding up fine... i actually don't plan on keeping these, and i'm planning on dropping it soon, however i may hold off until after winter, not sure yet.. (probably doesn't make too much sense since i doubt once its dropped if i'll ever raise it back lol) and as for the accord decals, i had them custom made using the accord logo from the 7th gens; there were originally supposed to go on the door sills, however, they were impossible to stick there for some reason (even with using rubbing alcohol to clean them) so i just stuck them on there. i may get rid of them soon, they don't really stand out since its silver on silver (if the lettering was any other color then that's another story lol). the only way i can put back the stock headlights are to buy new ones, since after blackhousing my old ones the lenses looked like crap (actually brought down the appearance of the car unless polished every couple of days or before going out imo) .. thx for the feedback guys

1 - 15 of 15 Posts