Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wondering if painted splash gaurds would look good on my BRP sedan? I searched but didn't find one in my color with it done. What do you think? I did it on the white car in the back of the pic a year ago and it has held up well.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1386344827.831205.jpg

·
Streets Nightmare
75 Posts
I say yea, it would look like part of a body on the car. I saw someone used color engine paint with a glossy finish and it looked great

·
Registered
56 Posts
I painted them on my sedan. Since I am lower, after a day, the paint started chipping.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That would make sense. Quality seems to slightly decrease with each generation. My father is looking to purchase a 9th gen V6 within a year. I sat in one the other day while I was at the dealer and I think it's a much better car overall.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
I painted them on my sedan. Since I am lower, after a day, the paint started chipping.
I have thought of doing this myself and recall seeing a few folks post pictures of their painted guards. The chipping part concerned me so thanks for mentioning that. To counteract this, I considered using a transparant, plastic film on the tire side to deflect the rock, dirt, etc. damage that would contribute to the flaking. In the end, I decided they look good black and match the other black ascents on the car.

Scott C.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You would tape the part that faces the tire off. You mask at the plastic seem of the guard. Again, I did my moms avalon and it's been a year and it looks perfect. But I too have been honing back and forth whether I should do it or not.

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
You would tape the part that faces the tire off. You mask at the plastic seem of the guard. Again, I did my moms avalon and it's been a year and it looks perfect. But I too have been honing back and forth whether I should do it or not.

Thanks for the clarification. One of the examples I saw had the entire guard painted, so I thought that is what you meant. Your (clarified) way sounds much better! :)

Scott C.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts