Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a retrofit kit from TRS, and I am planning to do my retrofit soon. I wanted to blackhouse my headlights, but i'm worried that when I sell my car eventually, I want to return it to OEM, and I probably won't want to buy a new pair of headlights. So I don't know if I should paint my headlights or not, I really want to because it will look great. One thing I was thinking of is maybe when I sell the car I could sell my headlights to someone on here and have them give me their stock headlights. They would only pay the difference. So what do you guys think?

·
mobiless2
2,200 Posts
Might as well paint them, since you have to cut up your headlight to install your retrofit. And if you want to return them to stock you will have to purchase or swap them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No cutting for the Mini H1s

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
i think paint it. if anything, do what you said, sell the set and get the oems back in. blackhoused looks alot more "sleek". imo.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree 100%. That is probably what I will do. I've had these HIDs sitting in my room collecting dust since Christmas

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
+1, just do the retro and then sell it later. OEM's are easy to get. Around $100 for new aftermarkets in a worst case scenario if you HAD to sell the car fast.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do. Hopefully if I have time this weekend i'll get them done, and (if I remember) I will post pics of progression.

·
7th Gen
98 Posts

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
paint it. They won't know the difference, your already putting projectors inside. If anything you can tell them that its a limited edition hahah

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got angel eyes to go with my kit, and I was thinking of wiring them to my headlight switch, but I want the ability to turn it on without my headlights on also. So then I thought of wiring them to that switch between the on and off position of the headlights, what is that called? It's when you turn the knob one notch before headlights, and those amber lights come on above the lights.

·
(ノ ̄д ̄)&#1
1,015 Posts
Parking lights. Most do it that way while others a standalone switch.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would probably forget to turn them on if they were wired to a standalone switch. I think the parking light would be more convenient, for me at least.

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
The thing that's annoying about having them on the parking light switch, is that if you want them on in the daytime, your dash lights will be dimmed unless you tweak the knob. One of these days, I'll be moving mine to be always on with the key, or maybe add a switch somewhere.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's true, I didn't think about that. Would there be a way so they would be on when the parking lights are on OR if a switch is pressed?

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
I'm sure you could use a relay or something to simulate the switch. Though, if the switch runs off the accessory power, why not just leave it on all the time - it would go off with the car power. No real reason to turn it off unless you really just want them off for a specific reason.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I'm concerned about their life. Is there a possibility of the CCFLs to overheat/burn out or anything like that? Out here in New Mexico everything out of the city is 1.5+ hours away, so they could be on for a long period of time.

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
possibility? sure. I run mine almost all the time ~2hrs a day for the last year or so, still working fine. I guess you never know though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't take long trips often, but a 3 hour trip one way isn't a big deal here, whereas in New Hampshire everything was right around the corner. But I think i'll take my chances and wire them to be on all the time. Where is a good place to splice the wires into?

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
I've been too lazy to sort it out yet. I might look into it soon though. My plan is generally to just run them off the battery, but use a relay, and power the relay off some other circuit I'll just tap off.

I get annoyed about dimming my interior, but not THAT annoyed to overcome my laziness. :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts