Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I start Pandora it Prompts for permission to access the iPhone. I have to unlock the iPhone and grant access every time.

Do you see same thing when start Pandora on EXL model ?

Is there any setting to bypass this ?

·
Trust me, I'm a doctor..
60 Posts
I can usually hit "allow" from the lock screen without having to unlock. Dunno if there is a way to auto-allow

·
Registered
16 Posts
There are a couple threads on this already. But if you have a passcode on your iPhone that you have enter before using your phone it will always require you to "accept" the connection. If you take off the passcode or unlock your phone (enter your code) before you turn on the pandora connection it should connect without an " accept connection" prompt.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
272 Posts
By having a passcode on you're iphone to not grant access for people the phone is essentially making sure the same thing for anything external.. so just as a person needs access granted so does any app... only way to get rid of it is to remove you're lock essentially... if ur driving to work and home its not so bad... if ur running errands and gonna be in and iut the car repeatedly I might suggest just removing the lock for that given time...also I'm notbsure on a iphone but on android there are screen lock apps that let you grant permanent permussions/restrictions as part of locking/unlocking.. you might wanna sre if such a thing is available on ios

·
Trust me, I'm a doctor..
60 Posts
There are a couple threads on this already. But if you have a passcode on your iPhone that you have enter before using your phone it will always require you to "accept" the connection. If you take off the passcode or unlock your phone (enter your code) before you turn on the pandora connection it should connect without an " accept connection" prompt.

No pass code on my phone but still have to accept connection

·
Registered
143 Posts
My iPhone 5 always asks to accept connection as well. However it nonetheless plays Pandora without me accepting as long as Pandora was never turned off manually on my iPhone.

In other words, it always asks for permission, but if I just wait a minute, Pandora still plays without accepting.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Well this is unfortunate. My iPhone 5 requires a passcode to access my work email/calendar/contacts and jailbreaking it would also disallow the use of those services. That's the entire purpose of the "Always allow" functionality that mostly every other service has.

·
Rocco
266 Posts
Not only does it ask for permission, but when connected to USB, even after I allow I get "no data"...I disconnect wire and reconnect and it works everytime. Hope the update at least solves that.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Same here as the above poster. If you don't shut down your app, you won't have to keep accepting permission. But sometimes it doesn't connect (iphone 4 here), and I close the app and power the radio on/off till it works. It is fairly reliable if I keep the app running,it usally will transition to the car if I was listening to it inside the house or at work.

Now, that Aha app is a total and utter disgrace. It is the biggest piece o crap there is. iphone 4, and it just locks up constantly.

·
Rocco
266 Posts
. But Now, that Aha app is a total and utter disgrace. It is the biggest piece o crap there is. iphone 4, and it just locks up constantly.

Thought I was the only one...aha is actually frigging useless. Had it working once for a short period. iPhone 5 here.

·
Retired from Car Biz....
9,530 Posts
Thought I was the only one...aha is actually frigging useless. Had it working once for a short period. iPhone 5 here.

I hooked up AhA once, and then it dawned on me:

"How many friggin places do I need to go to find music??"

so I hooked up my ipod thru USB and have never looked back....

·
Registered
1,201 Posts

Variety is the spice of life.-->:note::note::note::note::note:

I use FM local stations to find out whats happening around town...i5 & iTouch for when I want to hear a specific Artist/Album/Song/Playlist...Pandora for my favorite Mix of Artists (maybe discover a new song or two)...Aha for some good Blues stations not available here...HDD for quick access to some of my favorite music...CD for reference...XM I can't stand because of too much compression they use to squeeze channels in their over taxed system, Quantity VS Quality.

I understand going with one format..I used to think AM radios in cars were Boss until FM..8-Track..Cassette..CDs..Well it never ends-->:salue:

·
Rocco
266 Posts

I hear you. I've just been so lazy with updating my iPod, and I really exhausted all my playlist at the gym at least 1000x over...no joke lol.

I think I gotta make myself a spotify account already.

·
Retired from Car Biz....
9,530 Posts

Variety is the spice of life.-->:note::note::note::note::note:

I use FM local stations to find out whats happening around town...i5 & iTouch for when I want to hear a specific Artist/Album/Song/Playlist...Pandora for my favorite Mix of Artists (maybe discover a new song or two)...Aha for some good Blues stations not available here...HDD for quick access to some of my favorite music...CD for reference...XM I can't stand because of too much compression they use to squeeze channels in their over taxed system, Quantity VS Quality.

I understand going with one format..I used to think AM radios in cars were Boss until FM..8-Track..Cassette..CDs..Well it never ends-->:salue:
I was being a bit general....my point is so many of them overlap...I have Pandora for "radio stations" - XM for comedy and other content, my ipod for my tunes and AM for Rush...I don't need more streaming "radio station type" sources to feel complete....AHA overlaps slacker and Pandora big time....

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I was being a bit general....my point is so many of them overlap...I have Pandora for "radio stations" - XM for comedy and other content, my ipod for my tunes and AM for Rush...I don't need more streaming "radio station type" sources to feel complete....AHA overlaps slacker and Pandora big time....
IMO, AHA is better than Pandora for complete variety.

I hope you are listening to "Rush" the Band & not "Rush" the Limburger!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts