Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back my 2010 accord because they had to replace a faulty hose covering on one of my emergency break lines. I noticed that my actual emergency/parking brake handle is loose. I can actually move the hande from side to side (left and right) a bit. If you pull up the brake and engage it, it is competely tight and will not move from side to side at all. I thought parking break handle was tight before I brought the car to the dealership, but now I can't remember. Is anyone else's accord like this? Thanks in advance!

·
Honda Nation
2,184 Posts
Take it back to the dealer. It should be nice and tight.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I went ahead and brought it in to Honda about an hour ago. I talked to the mechanic and he didn't open up the console to do the maitenance on the emergency brake cable (he just put the car up on the lift and worked underneath it). I also don't know how it could have gone from tight to loose if they didn't even remove the center console at all (I believe that's the only way to tighten/loosen the parking brake handle). So I might of imagined the parking brake being tight. It really isn't that loose. It just moves a tiny bit to the left or right when I move the handle . He did let me look at my rental accord again along with another two on their lot. My rental one was pretty solid with pretty much no give if I tried to move it to the left or right. The other two on the lot though had some give with one of them being pretty close to mine. So I guess each Honda has different levels of this. They did document it though and I will watch it in case it turns into something.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take it back to the dealer. It should be nice and tight.
Thanks for the reply. I still may do that as I don't think it is normal. I did notice a couple of other accords with the same issue as I stated above which also had me wondering a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts