Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Honda Accord EX 2.4L 5MT, and when I got the car if I were to pull the hand break up all the way it would decently hold the car enough where I didn’t need to put it into gear unless it’s on a steep hill. Now if the car is on any incline or decline whatsoever it begins to roll. So what I did was I tightened the 12mm bolt under the center console from the backseat like many videos have suggested. Now when I apply the break it only goes up about halfway and seems very stiff and like it is doing something very effective. Only to find out that as soon as I let off the foot break there is no difference! Now I have to leave the car in gear when I park which I typically don’t like to do, but that is my only option at this point. I’m sure I need to do something at the back wheels but I’m not sure what. Anyone else know what to do?!?

·
Runnin' in the 90s
5,883 Posts
The parking brake uses the rear brake pads. You can have those checked and replaced if necessary. Calipers might be sticking also.

·
Yea I modded my car again
1,205 Posts
If those levers on the rear calipers are sticking then it's only a matter of time before the brakes start to seize and roast the rotor/pads. Happened to me (canada struggles)

You can throw in some PB blaster in the hole the lever enters the caliper (thats what I did when I bought the car 3 years prior). Later when they did roast the pads and rotor for $150 I ordered two rebuilt calipers and it's gonna work perfectly for a very long time.

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,830 Posts
Brake
Description
A brake is a mechanical device that inhibits motion by absorbing energy from a moving system. It is used for slowing or stopping a moving vehicle, wheel, axle, or to prevent its motion, most often accomplished by means of friction.

Break
DESCRIPTION

to smash, split, or divide into parts violently; reduce to pieces or fragments:He broke a vase.

·
10 EX-L V6 Coupe
18 Posts
New calipers are indeed what you need, OP.

Reman'd are cheap as 6/6 mentioned and it's a straightforward job to install.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I replaced my rear calipers for this exact issue. I remember that it was surprisingly cheap. I just bought some cheap calipers on amazon. Installing was also surprisingly easy.
caliper.jpg

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I replaced my rear calipers for this exact issue. I remember that it was surprisingly cheap. I just bought some cheap calipers on amazon. Installing was also surprisingly easy.
View attachment 518639
update: i replaced my rear calipers and this solved the issue. i now have a like-new parking break!! i did the rotors and pads while i was at it and it works great. i wouldn’t bother with and OEM one. i just went to autozone and got referbished ones

·
Yea I modded my car again
1,205 Posts
It's always a great feeling when you fix a big issue for a little price :) .

I am crazy about my brakes. If the rotors are not in perfect condition I have to fix them, not for safety , because I am OCD with how they made the car look like crapola lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts