Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I recently got a 2009 Accord EX-L with Navi Coupe. It is a rebuilt title.

I noticed that the parking light on driver side doesnt work but that same bulb works when I use the left turn indicator. How can I fix this issue?

Also since it is a rebuilt the passenger airbag on yellow light flashes on and off constantly which is annoying. Is this fixable so it can be turned completely off or will I have to live with it? Thanks for the help

·
Wisdom Born of Age
1,750 Posts
replace the bulb, it has a dual filament for signal and fix your airbag with a working one.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok will replace it then. Onemof the side markers ismnot working also. Gotta find their part number. Thanks

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
one of the contact points in the grey bulb socket may have gotten bent downward. use a screwdriver and pry it upward - should solve the issue.

·
Honda Nation
1,679 Posts
I'd be less concerned about the turn signal bulb and more concerned about an intermittent airbag malfunction indicator. You don't know if it's the indicator itself, a loose connection in the system somewhere (most likely), or a problem with the airbag.

I would have that checked out by a Honda dealer. Airbags are not something to just ignore, they are too important for safety. No matter what it costs. Airbag malfunctions aren't something you should just "live with". When your car was "rebuilt" that should have been fixed properly.

It's most likely nothing major, but still you don't want to take that chance.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so I replaced both bulbs with new ones and they still dont work. Weird. Probably that side was the one that took the hit and the sockets werent properly fixed. I cant think of anything else.
Regarding the passenger airbag I dont know if it was installed but I drive mostly solo so thats something I will be looking at but in the future.

·
Honda Nation
1,679 Posts
Ok so I replaced both bulbs with new ones and they still dont work. Weird. Probably that side was the one that took the hit and the sockets werent properly fixed. I cant think of anything else.
Regarding the passenger airbag I dont know if it was installed but I drive mostly solo so thats something I will be looking at but in the future.
Your priorities are wrong. Forget the goddamn parking light dude. Seriously. Fix your airbag. That's FAR more important, even if you only drive solo. If it inflates on it's own while you're on the freeway you will be wishing you had it fixed. Even if it costs money to get it done right, such is the price you pay for buying a car with a rebuilt title.

Get the airbag system checked out and fixed asap. No excuses.

·
Corvalis TTX
4,609 Posts
Your priorities are wrong. Forget the goddamn parking light dude. Seriously. Fix your airbag. That's FAR more important, even if you only drive solo. If it inflates on it's own while you're on the freeway you will be wishing you had it fixed. Even if it costs money to get it done right, such is the price you pay for buying a car with a rebuilt title.

Get the airbag system checked out and fixed asap. No excuses.
I agree.

I can't understand why anyone would buy a rebuilt car that has these issues. If the rebuilder can't get these relatively simple things right I have to wonder if the car is safe at all to be on the road.

·
Honda Nation
1,679 Posts
I agree.

I can't understand why anyone would buy a rebuilt car that has these issues. If the rebuilder can't get these relatively simple things right I have to wonder if the car is safe at all to be on the road.

The intermittent airbag light is probably nothing more than an intermittent connection somewhere. But with a rebuilt title you really don't know. It could have had water damage and a connector is corroded, if the car wasn't rebuilt at a reputable garage they might have done a lazy, half hazard job of running the wire harness and it's pinched somewhere...... all sorts of possibilities.

With the massive amount of high technology in even the most basic of econoboxes these days, now more than ever is really good reason to stay away from any car with a rebuilt or salvage title on it.

To the OP, I would seriously consider selling the thing before you find worse issues.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The intermittent airbag light is probably nothing more than an intermittent connection somewhere. But with a rebuilt title you really don't know. It could have had water damage and a connector is corroded, if the car wasn't rebuilt at a reputable garage they might have done a lazy, half hazard job of running the wire harness and it's pinched somewhere...... all sorts of possibilities.

With the massive amount of high technology in even the most basic of econoboxes these days, now more than ever is really good reason to stay away from any car with a rebuilt or salvage title on it.

To the OP, I would seriously consider selling the thing before you find worse issues.
Well it cost me 8k with 64000 miles on it plus it is the fully loaded trim. It had a hit on the driver side according to blackbook and carfax. Imo its the best deal I got ever. I could care less if the little light doesnt work, i can live with it. It runs very smooth. Very pleased with my purchase.

·
Honda Nation
1,679 Posts
Well it cost me 8k with 64000 miles on it plus it is the fully loaded trim. It had a hit on the driver side according to blackbook and carfax. Imo its the best deal I got ever. I could care less if the little light doesnt work, i can live with it. It runs very smooth. Very pleased with my purchase.
It's not the airbag light that's the problem, it means there is something wrong with the airbag system.

Running smooth has NOTHING to do with the fact your the most important safety feature of your car, of ANY car, is unsafe right now. But hey it's your car. You're obviously thick headed or don't understand the magnitude of harm of what a failed airbag system can do to you or someone who is in the car with you. If you DO have someone in the passenger seat you better damn well tell them the airbag might not be working, or if you are in an accident and they are injured as a result of the airbag not working, they would be well within their rights to sue you for every penny you have. That is not a joke, it is fact and something you need to seriously consider.

If something goes wrong with your airbags when you need them you have only yourself to blame, you've been warned.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's not the airbag light that's the problem, it means there is something wrong with the airbag system.

Running smooth has NOTHING to do with the fact your the most important safety feature of your car, of ANY car, is unsafe right now. But hey it's your car. You're obviously thick headed or don't understand the magnitude of harm of what a failed airbag system can do to you or someone who is in the car with you. If you DO have someone in the passenger seat you better damn well tell them the airbag might not be working, or if you are in an accident and they are injured as a result of the airbag not working, they would be well within their rights to sue you for every penny you have. That is not a joke, it is fact and something you need to seriously consider.

If something goes wrong with your airbags when you need them you have only yourself to blame, you've been warned.
I Will be fixing the passenger airbag then, but I aint selling no car only for that. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
268 Posts
he said its the passenger airbag light thats flashing. its probably a loose connection to the sensor under the seat or the passenger seatbelt...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts