Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Am in the process of installing an aftermarket head unit.

My 8th gen has the navigation system with 6cd stacker changer which I no longer need. I would like to replace the cd changer into some sort of storage pocket (more storage doesn't hurt).

Does anyone know the part number (or even what it is called) to the part in front of the gear stick? I assume there is a stock part available, unless it is custom made...

Vehicle Automotive tire Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

(picture is not mine, for reference only)

·
Registered
121 Posts
You mean you want to take that rectangle storage slot and shove more of them into the dash where the Disk slot is?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Id like to take out/convert the cd changer into a storage pocket.

A picture says a thousand words so better I show what I have.

Car Radio Motor vehicle Satellite radio Gear shift
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Hood Trunk

Will have no use for the cd changer as I'll be using usb/bluetooth.

Hope that clarifies things.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Id like to take out/convert the cd changer into a storage pocket.

A picture says a thousand words so better I show what I have.

View attachment 541541 View attachment 541542

Will have no use for the cd changer as I'll be using usb/bluetooth.

Hope that clarifies things.
Are you looking for the lid and storage from an Accord that doesn't have the CD Changer/NAV unit in that area? I'm pretty sure there isn't a OEM part that will slide in and give you a storage cubby after you've removed the disc changer.

Car Gear shift Radio Satellite radio Motor vehicle

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you looking for the lid and storage from an Accord that doesn't have the CD Changer/NAV unit in that area? I'm pretty sure there isn't a OEM part that will slide in and give you a storage cubby after you've removed the disc changer.

View attachment 541543
Would a non-nav lid & storage cubby fit in if I removed the cd changer AND lower pocket? Don't see why not, the nav/non-nav should have the same interior dimensions, right?

Sourcing one may be hard these days, considering its a 10year old car and is an uncommon car.

I'll probably just make do with a universal single din pocket in place of the cd changer.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Would a non-nav lid & storage cubby fit in if I removed the cd changer AND lower pocket? Don't see why not, the nav/non-nav should have the same interior dimensions, right?

Sourcing one may be hard these days, considering its a 10year old car and is an uncommon car.

I'll probably just make do with a universal single din pocket in place of the cd changer.
I should not have said that I'm pretty sure about it, because I'm not an expert. It couldn't hurt to check with a junk yard in your area. You're looking for parts from the more common non-Nav Accord, so there may be more to choose from.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts