Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The 5th car I owned in my life also happen to be the 3rd Honda I've owned and also the 2nd Accord I've owned. (confusing?) Anyway, I bought a 2004 Accord Ex in December 2006.It was a salvage title purchased off Ebay, so I knew I was taking a risk. I sure did. I put more money into fixing problems that came up along the way than I would have put into buying a clear title car of the same year and style. Despite all the problems, I still loved it. It was a 5 speed manual, leather interior, 6CD changer, XM radio. Probably the nicest car I've ever owned. The first car I owned when I was 17 was a 1985 Accord hatchback. I think it was an LX. Let me tell you, looking back now, I wish I hadn't driven it into the ground and had taken better care of it. What a great project I could have to this day. After that I drove a Mazda B2000. Nothing to brag about there. But then, in 1997 when I was 19 and after many months of waiting to get my driver's license re-instated, I got my hands on a mint '90 CRX Si. Probably my favorite car of all time. But unfortunately, I beat up that one too. Just something about being young with no foresight and not truly understanding how to appreciate a car. >>> Fast forward back to '06 and my 2004 EX. After almost 3 years, I had to say goodbye to this lovely automobile. In late August of this year, it was struck by a streetsweeper and totaled! It'sa funny thing how you think nothing will happen to your car when it's parked in YOUR OWN DRIVEWAY! Well, the driver of the city vehicle fell asleep at the wheel, jumped the sidewalk, drove through my neighbors' yard and into my driveway smashing into my Accord and spinning around 90 degrees. It landed in my front lawn, along with the streetsweeper. Kinda stuff you see in movies, right? With limited resources and not the most stellar credit, I had to take a modest step down on my next vehicle. Enter my third Accord.... a 1995 LX. Basic, yes. But tons of potential. Being more grown up now and having a better understanding of value, I will take very good care of this car. I got it in very good condition to begin with, and I plan on keeping it that way. I posted some pics of the tragedy for your viewing displeasure.

P.S. Before she was totalled, I was investigating a water intrusion problem. It was leaking from a cracked climate control component behind the center dash. But to find this, I had taken apart the entire bottom interior, including the center console and stereo. I have the stereo for sale on Ebay and craigslist, and I still have all the interior pieces in awesome condition. So... if you're in the market for any color type F interior parts, let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that's what the driver of the streetsweeper said once he came to. Hahahaha.

·
Top Gear
1,147 Posts
Whoah, negative camber much?

Seriously, though. Sucks to see yet another Accord go, as well as all your hard work that went into it. What's your plans for the next whip?

-GT

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry to hear about your tragedy! Is the city going to pay you for the value of the car?
Well, the city will reimburse the insurance company for what they gave me for the car. As far as the city then turning around and giving me some more money, I highly doubt that. I see the Mayor from time to time at neighborhood association meetings. Maybe if I suggestively plead my case to him, he can pull some strings, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whoah, negative camber much?

Seriously, though. Sucks to see yet another Accord go, as well as all your hard work that went into it. What's your plans for the next whip?

-GT
Nothing major, just some basic restoration. I'm not a tuner, and I'm no mechanic. I'm pretty good at taking things apart and putting them back together so I'm sure I'll do some work by myself. I'd like to start small like dressing up little details. I plan on replacing all the interior lights with LEDs. It definately needs a stereo. I don't know where all my old cassette tapes are, so I've been listening to FM radio since I bought it last week. Needs tires and maybe I'll look into getting some stock Honda wheels to replace to standard wheels and hubcaps.

·
Sosi baklazhani bydlo
439 Posts
Positive camber FTW, sad to see that car go. How much did they give you for it? I seen some 03 v6 6mt accords for 9k in nice condition

1 - 8 of 8 Posts