Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got the door panel off successfully but we are unable to find a way to open the door so we can replace the cable. Anyone have any ideas how to go about this? We found the actuator (at least I think that's it) but there is no lever or anything around that area that moves.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is the green part that is broken. Duct tape won't do any good because the even pulling on the cable does nothing. It's completely broken. We need a way to get the door open from inside the panel. I already bought a new cable.

·
Banned
13,099 Posts
It is the green part that is broken. Duct tape won't do any good because the even pulling on the cable does nothing. It's completely broken. We need a way to get the door open from inside the panel. I already bought a new cable.
megsaido: First, read through this past post on your broken cable-
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57346

it has happened to me and I just used a zip tie...two years later it still works.

As for accessing your broken cable, you stated that "pulling on the cable does nothing". Be advised that pulling the cable one inch won't cut it, you will have to pull it two to three inches- like a boss! If that does not work, then....

You will have to carefully remove the rear portion (towards the rear of the door) of that white plastic cover and you will see one or two odd shaped "access cut-outs" of the inner portion steel in the door....one of those will allow you to view the cable as it snakes from the inside door handle mechanism to the outside door handle mechanism and then to the actual lock. You may have to grab needle nose pliers to pull on it to release the door.....

But, if you can already see the broken cable from the top, try yanking on it from there.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Same thing as in the pic above happened on my previous car. Couple of zip ties in the right spot will hold it in place and make the door open normally

1 - 6 of 6 Posts