Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

EDIT:

I unzipped the seat cover and I remedied the seat myself, just a loose foam,needed adjusting. The sound is still there but it is reduced significantly.

Just recently heard this as I got into the car as a passenger, siting on it the whole drive i heard these noises, in the video I had to do it by hand because I can't really show you a POV while I am sitting on it.

It is very annoying and apparent, other family members are picking up on it too and wondering about it.

Has anyone had similar experiences? I had a metal popping sound from my rear seats, now this is a sponge or something rubbing together kind of sound..

What could this be caused by? And can I bring this up to my dealership for under warranty fix?

Thanks

· Registered
6 Posts

EDIT:

I unzipped the seat cover and I remedied the seat myself, just a loose foam,needed adjusting. The sound is still there but it is reduced significantly.

Just recently heard this as I got into the car as a passenger, siting on it the whole drive i heard these noises, in the video I had to do it by hand because I can't really show you a POV while I am sitting on it.

It is very annoying and apparent, other family members are picking up on it too and wondering about it.

Has anyone had similar experiences? I had a metal popping sound from my rear seats, now this is a sponge or something rubbing together kind of sound..

What could this be caused by? And can I bring this up to my dealership for under warranty fix?

Thanks
I have the same noise from my drivers side.. Let me know if you have fix for it?

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to hear .

I took out the cover seat and I messed around with the foam pieces , it seems to be less now but it is still apparent .

Im still going to bring it up to the service advisor at my dealership, I'll let you know how it goes.

· Registered
37 Posts
I also had this problem in my early months after purchase, after 3 visits of complaining i lost hope, they said they could not help me and I would need to contact HONDA directly.

During my 4th visit dealership for regular maintenance I brought it up again to a different service rep and we compared to other on the lot and he notice the noise of the back. He went on to replacing the complete metal frame and the popping noise at eh base (floor board) has been resolved - but now I am experiencing a noise in the upper area, after reading some of this post I guess it can be some kind foam rubbing on the the metal frame.

Attachments

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also had this problem in my early months after purchase, after 3 visits of complaining i lost hope, they said they could not help me and I would need to contact HONDA directly.

During my 4th visit dealership for regular maintenance I brought it up again to a different service rep and we compared to other on the lot and he notice the noise of the back. He went on to replacing the complete metal frame and the popping noise at eh base (floor board) has been resolved - but now I am experiencing a noise in the upper area, after reading some of this post I guess it can be some kind foam rubbing on the the metal frame.
Yeah, the metal frame popping is annoying, I had mine fixed as well, they replaced the frame..

But this one is the foam pieces rubbing together.. The adviser apparently couldn't hear the problem so I unzipped the seat from the rear seats and I grabbed some rolls of paper towel and i folded them to create a nice padding and I inserted them on the BETWEEN the side bolster of the foam, in-between the foam pieces of the side bolsters.

Kind of ghetto but it actually stopped the foam pieces from rubbing against eachother and It worked.. lol

· Registered
451 Posts
Hilarious. My driver seat starting making the weird noise in the first video about a month ago, was wondering what the hell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.