Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I have done extensive work on tracking down why my passenger side carpet was getting soaking wet with water.
1. My very first thought was Heater Core.

* I quickly ruled that out mainly because the heater still worked​
2. My Second thought was the window was down just enough or the sun roof was opened just a bit to let water in.

* This was ruled out simply by running water hose on the car and feeling water on my carpet.​

3. Then the thought that maybe the sunroof drain hoses were clogged.
* I ruled that out by running weedeater line down the drain tubes to make sure there was no obstructions blocking the drain.

Now after all of that I finally was so mad about this whole event that I was just going to rip my entire carpet out of the car and in that process while I had the carpet pulled back and the floor itself dry I sat inside my car with my windows rolled up and my sister spraying my car down with the hose. What do you know I finally was able to see where the water was coming from. It was coming from underneath the pasenger side dashboard.
I thought to myself "Oh no I have a leak in my windshield or my firewall oh god this is going to ****" then I laid down on my back stuck my head up under the dash and I saw something that at least at that moment looked so incredibly beautiful.
It was the drain hose for the sunroof. The very same drain hose that I did not believe actually ran under the dash or actually inside of the car at all. Now one thing I cannot figure out for the life of me is why the drain hose was just hanging there outside of the rubber gromet that directed it outside of the firewall. Well I re-attached the drain hose and that should have done the job for the leak inside of my car.

Hopefully my pain, agony and time spent will pay off to a quick fix for someone else.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Positive.... 1st of all it only happened when it rained and to seal that deal while it was disconnected I had my sister poor a cup of water down the channel in the sunroof and all the water came out on my floor.

I have no idea as to why in the world the hose comes back into the car just to go out underneath the dash but that is what happened here

1 - 3 of 3 Posts