Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Have a tire place you TRUST look at it. But, it is my experience that with tires and the liabilities that go with them you will be told that it needs to be replaced. And frankly it's cheap insurance. If your miles are low you will probably be able to get away with just one new tire.

Jay

·
Banned
308 Posts
Passenger side wheel hit the curb. Please suggest if I glue it back will it work
Hard to tell from that picture how THICK of a slice that is. If it is a very thin shave I wouldn't worry about it. Also wouldn't worry about "gluing it back" if it is very thin. If not very thin then I agree with the others above.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got it checked at tire shop

Hard to tell from that picture how THICK of a slice that is. If it is a very thin shave I wouldn't worry about it. Also wouldn't worry about "gluing it back" if it is very thin. If not very thin then I agree with the others above.
Just went and got it checked from a tire shop they said it's not too deep where we can see the threads so not to worry about, but it's look ugly from the outside thinking of how to glue and patch it , any ideas

·
133 Posts
super glue would work..

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
+1 superglue would probably do it. Or rubber cement ;)

And I love threads like this. Now everyone reading it knows that as long as you can't see the sidewall threads, you're good.

·
Registered
506 Posts
If it's not deep just get a razor and cut that little piece off. That's what I'd do.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Just went and got it checked from a tire shop they said it's not too deep where we can see the threads so not to worry about, but it's look ugly from the outside thinking of how to glue and patch it , any ideas
If it's not directional tires, have a tire shop swap the inside to the outside so it won't be an eye soar.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I had something very similar on a previous vehicle. I ranto HD and bought some Gorilla super glue, said it works on rubber. (make sure it says works on rubber, as some do not) I glued it down and you could hardly tell where it was and it NEVER popped back up.....Make sure you clean it out first with some rubbing alcohol first......

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I don't care how deep it is, that tire is now weaker in that spot. For peace of mind, personally, I think I would replace it. Maybe the dealer could get you some proration credit. Guessing not likely, but wouldn't hurt to ask.

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
Sometimes the tire shop can repair if it's only cosmetic. If not, you will have to have it replaced.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I hate when that happens. If it just got chunked by a sharp edge/stone and isn't deep, no worries. If it's the result of a pinch replace the tire.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts