Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2000 Accord V6 has been experiencing that annoying hard start/failure to start due to fuel vaporization that is outlined in Honda's 00-024 service bulletin. After reading up on other related posts from people having the same problem (mine matched all theirs to a T), I got a quote from my local honda dealership to replace the fuel pressure regulator and the PCM. They quoted me $890 for everything. Anyone know if that is a legit price? Seems high, but we all know how the dealerships work. The PCM is about $400 I've been told, and the SB says it should only take half an hour to do (not sure if that's accurate though)...fuel pressure regulator seems pretty straight forward, but they will have to program the PCM.

Also, does anyone know if this actually fixed their problem? None of the previous posts regarding this problem ever followed up to tell if it fixed their issue or not. I definitely don't want to spend the $$ if it's not a sure fix. Seems like this is only a winter problem, so I'm debating just dealing with it during the winter months (I use that term loosly as I live in SC). Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts