Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Accord V6 and i need to replace the PCV valve. Other than the valve itself, is there anything else that i need to purchase to do the job? Where is the PCV valve located on this model? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Take the front plastic spark plug cover off when facing the engine. On the left you will find bolt #10 as the picture shows. Take that out and pull out the pvc valve.. it is not connected to a vacuum house or electrical so I am not sure how this thing works.

Part number you get once you take it out and put it into Google. They're hard to obtain for some reason.

·
Premium Member
4,174 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Local Honda and Acura dealers didn't have them.. Honda charges $22, Acura $39 for same part lol.

NAPA has Echlin PCV valves part # CRB 29520 .

Picture of valve looks identical to OEM and it's for 03-07 V6

Even thought valve itself is not connected to anything, according to the sticker under the hood it has a hose. I took that hose on the left off and was able to make air go in and out.. bad? getting new PCV today!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Jore99
No one asked you but why do you have to change your PCV? Did you get a code Cel come up? I have a 06 V6 with 190,000kl and I was thinking changing it. There is no way to check if working okay or is there? I am planing on adjusting my valves in May.

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
PCV is positve crankcase ventilation for preventing oil vapor blow by through the piston rings from escaping into the air by returning it back into the crankcase. It doesn't help with engine performance. And why did you think you have to change it anyway?!

·
Premium Member
4,174 Posts
Jore99
No one asked you but why do you have to change your PCV? Did you get a code Cel come up? I have a 06 V6 with 190,000kl and I was thinking changing it. There is no way to check if working okay or is there? I am planing on adjusting my valves in May.
It's supposed to be changed every 60k or sooner if it fails. There's a thread that shows how to check it, but most people just shake it. If it "clicks", then it still works.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.