Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I HATE it when a plan doesn't come together!!!

Chin Microphone Smile Wrinkle Public address system

Bought a flex fuel kit a few weeks ago from Penguin Tech Racing - looked good in the box

Bag Reflex camera Digital camera Camera Luggage and bags

But unfortunately, it didn't fit my car right and I just got in a little while ago after wasting several hours in the sun and aggravating my bad back... F$(*%$#)$#

The top hose was about (I'm guessing here) 1/4-1/2" too long (and when I installed it and aligned the holes of the bracket, it completely kinked the hose)!!

Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Vehicle brake Motor vehicle Vehicle

Then, the bottom hose turned out to be (again, I'm totally guessing here) about 2-3" TOO SHORT. This is it barely managing to attach (shown in Yellow). The way it's supposed to be routed (using factory routing/bracket) is in Red (the fuel line goes BEHIND the electrical connector AND bracket). I rerouted it to see if it was even possible to get it connected - the way it is now, it's taut and there's a lot of strain on the hose and the fittings - No Bueno.

Motor vehicle Gas Electrical wiring Auto part Automotive tire

I'm gonna contact PTR and request a new set of hoses - we'll see how good their customer service is...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

· Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update - PTR replied (on a Sunday evening!) and said they would be willing to make me 2 more fuel lines but I would have to provide them with measurements. I told them I probably wouldn't be able to get around to doing that (re-installing everything and taking some good measurements) until next Sunday, maybe... Will provide further later...

· Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: I got new lines from PTR a week or two ago and installed the unit the other day. No leaks so far and the car still runs so that's good... haha Thumbs up to PTR for their customer service! Still waiting to make sure all the error/warning messages disappear and stay disappeared (from uploading the new Hondata calibration) before filling up and testing with E85...

· Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No offense taken! The pictures don't show it too well but the PTR fuel lines that I first received measured 4.125" for the top and 18.875" for the bottom - i.e. you'd have to be maybe 10-20 times more retarded than me to mess that up... ;)

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

1 - 6 of 6 Posts